• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    Hitting rifle cartidriges at 100 yards. No problem. Busting clays at 300. No problem. Except for when you think u miss but actually you just solidly put a hole through the clay with no bust. Fun fun guns.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Hitting rifle cartidriges at 100 yards. No problem. Busting clays at 300. No problem. Except for when you think u miss but actually you just solidly put a hole through the clay with no bust. Fun fun guns.

Or while you two are trying 300yds on clays with a 17 and I'm sending .308 rounds down there too while you guys are aiming. Now that was fun.:D

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    Yea. I think my accuracy with that savage 17 of mine was for more surperb then your 308. :innocent0.

Either way. 17hmr for target shooting or hunting. They are a solid round that are far more accurate then most. If its a little windy tho you may have some trouble with that light weight bullet. No kick. Not much sound. I think my 1400fps pellet gun kicks more then my savage 17hmr.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    My phone rang today about a deal :D so I picked up one of these today and am not familiar with the caliber .17 hmr.
    What's your personal experience with it.
    http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifle-goldenboy.cfm

17HMR is like a mini rimfire version of .223. You'll like it.

*** ammo is sold *** Your thread reminded me that I still have almost 400 rounds of 17HMR HP, roughly an even mix of unopened Hornady, CCI, Federal, and Remington. I sold off my small 17HMR collection earlier this year in favor of larger rounds. I see you're in Frederick. I'm in Mount Airy. If you're interested, I'll sell it cheap. Just PM me.

Enjoy your new rifle. It's a definite keeper.

Last edited:

onespentround

Nov 14, 2010
    Sykesville
    156674_474338053386_655378386_5845762_3869060_n.jpg

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Is that a Weaver scope on that rifle? How do you like Weaver optics?

I an contemplating getting a Weaver pistol scope for my Encore -next year when I turn it into a .308 handgun. They seem like a decent scope for the cost.

It's a Mueller Eraticator but I love it, I bought another Mueller for my Savage Mark II TRR-SR

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    By the way. I had a henry 17. Mine was just not on par with the accuracy of the savage 93. I guess it was the platform but I never carried it, so I sold it.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Sold my 17hmr.
    Was not very impressed by it.

possibly getting a 22wmr and my 22-250 will take care of anything a 22wmr can't reach.

But I did appreciate the consistent groups at 100yds. Past that, properties I shoot, the wind causes problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom