• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 07cummins59

Apr 16, 2012
    Littlestown, PA
    I started taking my ruger part last night, and I cant get the barrel off, any ideas? the barrel is seized, BTW bolts and clamp are removed.

I also have a Arch Angel stock for a Ruger 10/22 if anybody is interested :)

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I started taking my ruger part last night, and I cant get the barrel off, any ideas? the barrel is seized, BTW bolts and clamp are removed.

Check out the EABCO link in the other post or Midway for a barrel puller/press. A strap wrench can be used to get a little leverage or careful prying with a tapered object should work.

07cummins59

Apr 16, 2012
    Littlestown, PA
    Check out the EABCO link in the other post or Midway for a barrel puller/press. A strap wrench can be used to get a little leverage or careful prying with a tapered object should work.

thanks, I saw the press but I was trying to save some money. I have a strap wrench ill try that. Thanks!

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Brownells sells the jig to do it, need a good drill press and decent skills but its a good option:thumbsup:

Clearly I'm missing something. Why is it so difficult to clean it from the muzzle end that people are drilling their receivers?

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Since I have kids and share with others I prefer an adjustable stock so I can adjust to fit various shooters. There are plenty of pimptastic stocks on the market so choose your poison. All mine needs is a barrel upgrade to be complete.

Same here . I put this one together for my son all I need to do now is get a barrel for it and a trip to PA for some mags . I had the Aimpoint laying around so I it on there for him .

Attachments

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      106.6 KB · Views: 111

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Clearly I'm missing something. Why is it so difficult to clean it from the muzzle end that people are drilling their receivers?

Your not missing anything . Some people dont like cleaning through the muzzle end . The hole in the receiver is an option as some people dont like bore snakes either .

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    :spank: Noob doesn't know forum etiquette about posting proper firearm pictures with feet in them.

Nice rifle :thumbsup:

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012

Which stock do you have, I am looking at an arch angel for my build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom