• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slog403

May 11, 2011
    Crofton
    Ok so I know no importing into MD, recieve, transfer etc.

However find SCAR 17S (7.62x51 NATO) 30 round mags seems to be pretty tricky. There is a youtube guy that has a pmag supposidly converted to run this but not many other details.

So Chad, or any other gunsmith/SCAR experts know exactly what needs to be done. I can get my hand on FN SCAR 17S 20 round mags no prob, just need to know what too look for and trust out of state. Seems to be a pretty new market, if you have tips on 50-100+ round mags as well that would be cool. I would never violate MD laws as I respect this site and state.

Thanks Smiths and SCAR fans. I know Chad hates dremels and thats all that was on youtube so if I get a real solution I may bargin and/or barter some time on "the farm" at which you can shoot whatever the hell you want at whatever the hell you can dream of! :innocent0 :party29: feel free to PM as well if this should goto WC or strictly PM but be ready to make it work on the farm :cool:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    POF makes a 25 rounder for the 308 AR platform...

I wouldn't worry about it; 20 rounds out of a SCAR 17 is ALOT of fire and brimstone. :thumbsup:

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    There is a 25 rounder available for the 17s. Have yet to see a 30 rounder that will work with the stock receiver.

On the other hand I know a guy on fnforum.net who makes/modifies 17s receivers to fit pmags.

30 rounds of .308 will be pretty heavy too.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I would personally stick with the factory 20 rounders. The 20 round mags are based off the FAL magazine, which have worked well for decades.

Any magazine you have to take a Dremel to in order to get it to work properly is not worth your time or money. The magazine is obviously very important to the semi-automatic rifle. If the ammunition can't feed properly, the cycle of operation stops. No fun at the range, while hunting, or especially in life or death situations.

Personally, I don't own any firearms I wouldn't trust with my life. If things go downhill and I can only grab one weapon I don't want to be stuck with the "project". I fix guns for a living, I don't want to have to fix mine during normal operation.... Jerry-rigged mags seem like a fast track to trouble, IMO.

the Javid

Part time baby killer
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bowie
    Ha heavy...haha. Try lugging an M240B with a belt in it, then those ten extra rounds in a scar compatible mag will seem like a feather.

slog403

May 11, 2011
    Crofton
    I would personally stick with the factory 20 rounders. The 20 round mags are based off the FAL magazine, which have worked well for decades.

Any magazine you have to take a Dremel to in order to get it to work properly is not worth your time or money. The magazine is obviously very important to the semi-automatic rifle. If the ammunition can't feed properly, the cycle of operation stops. No fun at the range, while hunting, or especially in life or death situations.

Personally, I don't own any firearms I wouldn't trust with my life. If things go downhill and I can only grab one weapon I don't want to be stuck with the "project". I fix guns for a living, I don't want to have to fix mine during normal operation.... Jerry-rigged mags seem like a fast track to trouble, IMO.

Thanks smores, that was my gut instinct, especially after investing so much in a nice weapon. I guess I have learned a thing or 2 hanging around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom