• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    I just read a list of rifles banned under the new law... Didn't see the scar 17 so I figured I'd ask... Are there going to be rifles like the scar 17 that slip through the bill and will still be able to be available for purchase after oct 1st? i don't know of the validity of the list I read so is there a list floating around with exactly what we can and can't purchase after oct 1? I'm sure it's probably the easiest search ever but I kept getting pre-ban lists.

CZ Fanboy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 19, 2013
    It won't be banned as long as it has a pinned stock or something that is not a flash suppressor. So, they will still stay. Apparently the SIG 551A1 will be banned permanently as it's on the Regulated List.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I just read a list of rifles banned under the new law... Didn't see the scar 17 so I figured I'd ask... Are there going to be rifles like the scar 17 that slip through the bill and will still be able to be available for purchase after oct 1st? i don't know of the validity of the list I read so is there a list floating around with exactly what we can and can't purchase after oct 1? I'm sure it's probably the easiest search ever but I kept getting pre-ban lists.

LOL "slip through." They just took the old list from the 90s and banned all the guns. They don't really care about anything, they just want to look good for the idiots who vote for them. They added the copycat test for the other "evil" guns that weren't listed, but there are ways around that.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Ar's are even gonna be legal as long as you have a heavy barrel.

AR10's legal. Keltecs still legal. Scars. Acr's. lots of fun still to be had.

BALBZ

bad ass LBZ that is
    Apr 6, 2013
    Eastern Shore MD
    Im looking to get a Sig 716 patrol, I understand it to not be banned by SB281. On the same note my FFL sells it as regulated and does not want to give ma a answer whether it will be availble after Oct 1st. I read on here some say it will not be banned and others say it will depend on how MSP interprets the law. My question is does anyone have a solid answer one way or the other and if not what is the best rout to take to find out?

I dont want to loose my chance to own this riffle but im going to have to put my head under water to be able to afford it right now. Any solid info would be appricated!

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    I purchased both SCAR models recently, and was told both will be banned due to the folding stock and flash hiders.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I purchased both SCAR models recently, and was told both will be banned due to the folding stock and flash hiders.

Sounds like they didn't know what they were talking about.

It will fall under the feature test, but it is not banned and we are awaiting word on whether or not a muzzle break=flash suppressor.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    A shame that the Commiefornia shorter overall length BS was added to the criteria, and the Tavor and PS90 get put on the banned list. Anyone know where the shorter overall length banning BS comes from? I mean they are carbines by ATF definition=rifles/long guns due to 16" barrels, NOT handguns ( aka "assault pistols" per anti gunners' idiocy), so where does this crap come from? I see Commiefornia did it first, from something I ran across a while back. I guess gun grabbers hate bullpup designs...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    A shame that the Commiefornia shorter overall length BS was added to the criteria, and the Tavor and PS90 get put on the banned list. Anyone know where the shorter overall length banning BS comes from? I mean they are carbines by ATF definition=rifles/long guns due to 16" barrels, NOT handguns ( aka "assault pistols" per anti gunners' idiocy), so where does this crap come from? I see Commiefornia did it first, from something I ran across a while back. I guess gun grabbers hate bullpup designs...

It came from their rear like everything else.. but it may have to do with the notion of concealablity. A scar and ar 15 really.

And bull pub will be legal with a muzzle device... or a longer stock or perhaps even an integral suppressor..

Most pull pubs are not concealable either the travor? Give me a break... wide think heavy... perfect for home defense but cc?

Wtf are they smokeing.

Beyond cc I have no clue..

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    My FFL and he loves SCAR. There is SCAR that is in compliance with CA's laws. We could use that configure for MD.

Ok, so we have an MD FFL opinion, not a known fact. Thanks for the clarification. Already have the 16---better get to looking for a 17 to test drive, just in case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom