• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notadrone

Mar 19, 2013
    west of Salisbury
    Called Bayshore today 410.341.0307 and asked about livescan fingerprinting pricing. I was transferred to the person that handles the livescan and she asked why I needed it. I told her for my HQL. She then said they were not set up to do that.
    This sounds fishy to me... Is it possible they can do livescan but not for the HQL?

Madcap

Everybody Loves Mad!
    Nov 5, 2013
    Actually, Yes. The livescan station is like any other computer, it needs a certain package of software to be installed to properly submit the fingerprints as an to the state police as an HQ/ in the required format. A state police technician was supposed to install the software package, but in some cases, including mine, they must have missed a machine or two.

I ran into the same problem with a police department whose software was not properly installed. They did the fingerprints under a different "code" not associated with the HQL to see if it would go through. The next day I got a call to come back into the station and re-do the fingerprints once they got the code installed by the MDSP.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Call the MVA 410-764-4501. Tell them you want to make appointment for fingerprints in Salisbury. That's where I got my HQL prints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom