• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    So, I wanted a weapon light, for my SBR 9mm, and I had a spare TLR-1. I bought a pressure switch, unfortunately, the one without the holes at the ends switch, for which I promptly returned. I needed the one with the holes, and ended up ordering this one: Streamlight Tlr Remote Prssr Swtch Strt https://a.co/d/4pNw9kj but of course the holes were too small to use M-Loc fasteners, so, I took a big chance, and drilled out the holes, and voilá! I also bought weapons light line runners, which came with M-Loc fasteners, and smaller diameter, tapered screws: Guardtier CGM909 Pressure Switch Cable Guides Compatible with M-LOK System, Flashlight Laser Wire Management Clips 8 Pack - Black https://a.co/d/08OmsXg
    I chose this location, because it’s the most natural fit for my hand and thumb.
    Next, I bought a BCM Gunfighter pistol grip, because I like the storage compartment and I especially Like the grip angle. Not to mention, I share this lower, with my BCM upper (Damn I love that thing!)
    After that, I took my butt stock off, and replaced the end cap with this: https://www.opticsplanet.com/bravo-company-mfg-bcm-end-plate-with-qd-socket-for-ar-15.html so I could comfortably mount a two-point Vickers sling. Yes, I then properly staked it.
    And last , but far from least, I added a vented Radian Raptor SD charging handle, for when my suppressor is finally approved! Say, in another 5-7 months :mad54: When someone asks if this $125 charging handle, is really that good, I would say, yes! It’s super smooth, and feels awesome in my hand. So much so, that I bought another for the BCM upper.
    IMG_2178.jpeg
    IMG_2179.jpeg
    IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2181.jpeg

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Not knowing how your rail is set up I try and get a weapon light as close to the muzzle as possible so there is less of a "hole" where the muzzlew device blocks the light. but beyond that it looks good.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Not knowing how your rail is set up I try and get a weapon light as close to the muzzle as possible so there is less of a "hole" where the muzzlew device blocks the light. but beyond that it looks good.
    It’s as far forward as I can go. Since the muzzle device takes up so much of the inner diameter, there’s not enough room for the screws.
    IMG_2177.jpeg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What's the logic here? You can always use a DS tailcap if you want the button in addition to the pressure pad.
    The tailcap button is fine. I'm all for it. I don't want any inadvertent touches on the light.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The tailcap button is fine. I'm all for it. I don't want any inadvertent touches on the light.
    I get it... but, there are options like the Unity and Modlite pressure pads that are much harder to ND than the usual Surefire pressure pads. I suppose I just don't like having my light placement 100% constrained by where I can put my hand, vs choosing the best position for both my hand/pad and my light. I am perhaps more sensitive to this ever since I started running full IR/WL setups on more guns, though.

The only comment I have to the OP is that the TLR-1 is a somewhat obsolescent light at this point, and if you can spare the funds for something more modern, you might be a lot happier if distances ever exceed about 25yds. I know it's tempting to just go "it's a PCC", but you can easily make hundred yard hits with those if you're dialed in.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I get it... but, there are options like the Unity and Modlite pressure pads that are much harder to ND than the usual Surefire pressure pads. I suppose I just don't like having my light placement 100% constrained by where I can put my hand, vs choosing the best position for both my hand/pad and my light. I am perhaps more sensitive to this ever since I started running full IR/WL setups on more guns, though.

The only comment I have to the OP is that the TLR-1 is a somewhat obsolescent light at this point, and if you can spare the funds for something more modern, you might be a lot happier if distances ever exceed about 25yds. I know it's tempting to just go "it's a PCC", but you can easily make hundred yard hits with those if you're dialed in.
    :shocked3: Unfortunately, I don’t see as well as I used to. So shooting 50 yards or more, without magnified optics will be far and few between. 25 yards is perfect for my taste. This is more of a house gun, so, the tlr-1 is fine, for me, at least. I don’t plan on shooting at night, for sport. Besides, I already owned it. I replaced this, on my G19, for a TLR-7a.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I finally got a chance to sight it in, last Sunday. Damn, this thing shoots nice!!!!!!! Not one single hiccup! Accurate and smooth, with a 5.4oz, Odin Works adjustable buffer. Though I may add a tungsten weight, to bring the total weight to >6oz. to get closer to a 3 o'clock ejection. It's closer to 4 o'clock now. Same with the BCM upper, surprisingly. I think it may benefit as well. I kept the 9mm buffer in for both, with a ar-10 spring. Or, should I leave well enough alone?
    I will also add, that that Raptor SD, did one hell of a job!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom