• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I don't mean to hijack but I have another pistol build in the works using parts from a AK63D kit that is going to have an 8" barrel so the OAL should be right around 16".

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    If it is 19.75" then you are GTG! I have a M92 build I am working on but it measures only 18.5" - I just went to the garage and took a measurement. If I was to attach an under folder it would fall short.

I just measured my m92 and wanted to update this post. It measures 18.75" from the muzzle to the rear of the receiver on a line parallel to the barrel. The additional inch is achieved when you measure from the muzzle to the most rearward portion of the pistol grip, so adding 10" to the rear of the receiver will not work for MD. Time to rethink what I'm going to do.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    As long as it remains a handgun (i.e. no stock), then you'll be fine legally.

It will never be SBR'd.

I just measured my m92 and wanted to update this post. It measures 18.75" from the muzzle to the rear of the receiver on a line parallel to the barrel. The additional inch is achieved when you measure from the muzzle to the most rearward portion of the pistol grip, so adding 10" to the rear of the receiver will not work for MD. Time to rethink what I'm going to do.

Just pin and weld a short muzzle device and it will put you over the 29" OAL.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    In the words of the great poet Justin Bieber "never say never "

True, the only way I would SBR it is if I moved out of Maryland. It just doesn't make sense to me to build an AK SBR with an 8" barrel and then have to weld a 3-1/2" muzzle device to meet Marylands stupid OAL requirement.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    True, the only way I would SBR it is if I moved out of Maryland. It just doesn't make sense to me to build an AK SBR with an 8" barrel and then have to weld a 3-1/2" muzzle device to meet Marylands stupid OAL requirement.
    Funny thing is a lot of AK muzzle devices are around that length anyway, so what's the big deal...

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/98338002@N04/15834558517/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom