• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That should be cool.

BTW, modular means means many interchangeable pieces.

Modular design, or "modularity in design", is an approach that subdivides a system into smaller parts (modules or skids) that can be independently created and then used in different systems to drive multiple functionalities. A modular system can be characterized by the following:

(1) Functional partitioning into discrete scalable, reusable modules consisting of isolated, self-contained functional elements.
    (2) Rigorous use of well-defined modular interfaces, including object-oriented descriptions of module functionality
    (3) Ease of change to achieve technology transparency and, to the extent possible, make use of industry standards for key interfaces.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Reread the ATF description. Only needs to be permanent if attached to the BARREL. Any regular free-floating rail that takes a tool to get off would be fine. The barrel unscrews w/ a tool (its not pinned to the upper.) The buttstock comes off (usually without a tool.) etc. The posted regulation applies to barrels only.

If you can meet 29" w/o a barrel then the barrel length doesn't matter for a SBR.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you say so. I would definitely ask the BATFE for that in writing before I made one.

MACTHEGUN

Aug 18, 2014
    BTW, modular means means many interchangeable pieces.

Lol, you're absolutely right!

My brain said "Monolithic" and by the time it got to this thread is said "modular" (damn auto-correct).

Well, at least I got the "Mo" right!

I just noticed I called my Magpul stock a "CTS" as well, lol.

Last edited:

MACTHEGUN

Aug 18, 2014
    Got any pics? Trying to get some idea's..

I took some pics of mine, as soon as I figure out how to post them I will (I currently have the 16" barrel upper). With the Magpul CTR and Enhanced buttplate (.70") I got a total length of 29 1/4" - 29 1/2" to the end of the rail with the stock extended.

From bolt face to end of rail, I got right at 11" so with a 6" barrel (+/-) you could bring the suppressor just to the end of the rail and be in compliance w/SB-281.

IMO your Sparrow SS would be perfect for this application and will probably be my next suppressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom