SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms" - The Ban on Private Firearm Making

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Could have been written yesterday, right?

772ac7b7f2812e791a9fd99d9ad8ea4b.jpg

758bb8faecd696f65e36970f0537ccf0.jpg

1908fa75b4f1b586df3e1a7eb34065cb.png

Amazing how much of a hard on The Post had for severe gun control/confiscation even 50 years ago.
    Same old BS is touted by them today.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    We've not changed all that much either.

Attachments

• 1972 Senate Bill 205 - Opp Testimony from WWII vet-page-001.jpg
      1972 Senate Bill 205 - Opp Testimony from WWII vet-page-001.jpg
      70.5 KB · Views: 374
    • 1972 Senate Bill 205 - Opp Testimony from WWII vet-page-002.jpg
      1972 Senate Bill 205 - Opp Testimony from WWII vet-page-002.jpg
      27.4 KB · Views: 370

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Because we only found out about the rally on short notice and most of us, unlike the overwhelming amount of Karens in the crowd today, have to work.

And by all means if you hear of something let us know either here or on the Book of Faces page.

Our favorite WUSA Ch 9 reporter Scott Broom did reach out to us today by phone for some counter quotes to the piece he filed which should have been on the 5 and 6pm broadcast.

That's encouraging that Scott would do actual journalism. I'd volunteer to monitor, but I don't do the Book of Faces and I've been banned from Twatter for speaking the unspeakable and naming Those Who Shall not Be Named.

And how much notice do you need? I recall 48 and 24 hours for some for the last VCDL Lobby Day. Do we not have a call for Annapolis Lobby Day direct action any more? The spark seems to have gone out with Rack's arrest and passing...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Because the Moms needing action rally was coordinated between the State government, Media, and various PAID Bloomberg groups.

Patriot Picket is an all volunteer group without the media and state ties

Weak sauce/whining. We seemed to do pretty well in years past without coordination with the State government, Media, and various PAID Bloomberg groups.

We have self proclaimed "Big Cheese INTELLIGENCE PROFESSIONALS" in this group, and yet we can't figure out how to pull off a Color Revolution at a time of OUR choosing or get wind of an interstate rally by the Demanding Moms earlier than the day of? :sad20:
    All virtual in the senate now until 2/14, then in-person. House is all virtual. This could of course change. We’ll post dates and times as soon as they’re known.

Thank you. So some time after 2/24 - would that be enough notice? Is it worth a day of Leave to try to preserve our rights and send the MGA a message?
    I swear ever since CCP virus has made its rounds they have gone FULL BLOWN RETARDATION on everything in government not like they already where but know they seem to really show there hand this time. Also they all go around saying “GOVERN ME HARDER DADDY!” Like there the almighty god that will save them from death.

You're getting the idea.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So if this passes, does MSP hide the subsequent years of statistics of "ghost gun" seizures from the MGA to give them the warm-fuzzy that the law is working...(even though it isn't)...

The MSP doesn't need to. They have at least one full time lobbyist in Annapolis to "provide guidance" while they "interpret" (i.e., administratively WRITE) the law to suit their desires. We don't live in 4CA. This is a full blown police state.

We should be pushing to restore MSP civilian oversight by reconstituting the HPRB, instead of suing everyone we dislike.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The part that kills me about the proposed MGA gun bills, past and present, is this... The bills do not focus on public safety what-so-ever. They focus on the 0.1 percent of a given problem and ignore the other 99.9 percent of the problem. They like to spend time focusing on "ghost guns" while stolen handgun crimes get a slap on the wrist. their eyes are not on the ball. Not even close. The batter hits a ball to left field and they all go running to the right field looking for it. It's a joke.

Our MGA is so deep blue that we never stand a chance of seeing it turn into a republican majority. Never.

Only if we stand by and continue to allow them to rape us legally.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    While I agree with the last paragraph, what ranges are going to start checking serial numbers?
    The police may want to search my car if they pull me over but they aren’t doing that without probable cause or a warrant.
    Same goes for my house.

Know your rights and use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most ranges that I go to check your gun when you arrive to make sure it is cold. If this law goes into effect, all they have to do is flip it over to see if it has a serial number or not.

Or

A cop could be at the range shooting next to you and notice your lack of serial number or numbers. This proposed law opens up a host of ways in regards to how one could find themselves on the "wrong side of the law".

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    While I agree with the last paragraph, what ranges are going to start checking serial numbers?
    The police may want to search my car if they pull me over but they aren’t doing that without probable cause or a warrant.
    Same goes for my house.

Know your rights and use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crazy cat lady Karen next door can always Red Flag you without your knowledge. Remember the Red Flag Law?

Stand idly by and do nothing and you will have no rights left to use.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It would have to be through an FFL. But you could still sell it out of state. Now you’d have to serialize it and the FFL would need to be willing to facilitate the transfer. But you can bet Frosh will point to the fact it is legally possible, if not practical or even likely a realistic option for the vast majority, as it not being a taking. And thus, well the law is fine.

There is nothing in federal law that requires a firearm, made for personal use, that is then later sold, to be serialized.

I really wish people would stop spreading this.

Sirex