• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

widowman

Jul 19, 2010
    The only remotely positive thing that got passed was that the license renewal got pushed back to every 10 years instead of every 5 years and the fee got cut down to $50. We also learned that Muse will bend over and take it from Frosh all night long.

That's like saying a shit sandwich taste better when it's not diarrhea.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Well, we can only hope that the next bunch of politicians have more brains than this bunch and don't just rubber stamp it. If it makes it to the Governor, I hope the effective date is far enough in the future to allow me to get my home sold and get the hell out of here and finish my few remaining years in a state that appreciates my money and recognizes the second amendment. Right now Georgia and Alabama look like my prime destinations to explore. They are tax friendly to retirees, which I am one of.

If it passes the start date will be Oct 1 2013. That is certain.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It was absolutely despicable hearing the laughter.

I am new here and coming on the 1st along with others who were not there last time... Shout it from the rooftops. Make sure the entire state knows what they are doing and when. In the cover of darkness even, those yellow bellied mud munchers!

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    Guys, what the hell are you doing?! Now is not the time to be fighting amongst ourselves. United we still stand some inkling of a chance, but if we start bitching at each other, we're ****ed.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    so i couldn't hear about the transport discussion:

1) did the return-to-state issue get raised?
    2) was Frosh against the return-to-state transport?

ETA:
    Screw this state. There are a few good politicians like Jacobs here, but then you have bitter old women who were born in 1395(not a typo) who couldn't care less about our rights, and have done nothing but be a politician since the magna carta, no progress will be made. I can't wait until I'm done school, I'm moving to PA.

That won't help you; PA will be like MD in four years or less . . . SE PA is growing and the rest is shrinking. Look at the current AG for glimpse of PA's future.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel

They said that they'd sort it out on the Senate floor...

in other words "they'll run with the poorly written bill unless someone important makes a big stink."

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    I'm deploying March 1st, so when I come back from serving my country I'll be coming back as a criminal?

yeah thats what I dont get is that they are outlawing all these already purchased items... what choice do we have but to turn them in or put them in a safe and throw away the key... either way screw this

RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    So can someone clarify this for me? I know the bill now goes to the full Senate. If it passes there what happens? Becomes law or goes to House?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    This isnt a MD issue its a national issue and stopping it here or letting it pass effects the country not just this state. Look at how GB passed their gun legislation with it only affecting London and Glasgow. Or how non-smokers started with airlines. They both said they only wanted it in that one area or that one instance and now its gone forever. Give em an inch and they take a mile.

Agree 100% and it will continue to spread unless it's stopped by whatever means, wherever it occurs. It's like dealing with cockroaches in a house, you don't move to another room whenever you see one, you smash the m-fers anywhere you see them.

ortoch

Feb 14, 2013
    I'm deploying March 1st, so when I come back from serving my country I'll be coming back as a criminal?

Thats something that should have been said on the floor tonight... why wasnt this brought up? Anyone know if Getty or Jacobs would care about something like this?

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co

ETA:

That won't help you; PA will be like MD in four years or less . . . SE PA is growing and the rest is shrinking. Look at the current AG for glimpse of PA's future.

I think Frosh said transport was not needed for target shooters since possess covered it. I think a PA resident could not bring one to MD for repair since he is not allowed to possess.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom