• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    I was just reading the thread about "no more sbr's" and it made me think of something. Is the state of Maryland going to offer meetings or classes so that the gun owners of this state know whats what due to sb281? It seems like the only way to no if your wrong is if you get charged with something after 10/1. Everytime I turn around something about sb281 is being reported differently.:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54: I really wish I could ditch this state!:mad54:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Not that I know of. How about if you call down there to the Licensing Division and report back? Am curious as well.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    well if they had ever published their comar regulations on time (as required by law) we woukd have it figured out by now.

I personally believe the dealer classes are fishing expeditions on the behalf of o'malley and gansler. make statements, listen to the chatter, find the loopholes.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    well if they had ever published their comar regulations on time (as required by law) we woukd have it figured out by now.

I personally believe the dealer classes are fishing expeditions on the behalf of o'malley and gansler. make statements, listen to the chatter, find the loopholes.

I think you might be right about the loopholes. That's probably why the change in the sbr's. While I'm ranting I would like to add how sorry I feel for the dealers that aren't releasing handguns on time. They're gonna have alot of fun telling uninformed people that the handgun they've been waiting months for is gonna be in SB281 limbo while they try to get their HQL.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    Are any of the pro gun politicians still coming to this website? I don't think I've seen any responses from any of them on these kind of topics.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I maintain that...

If they can't ban it, they'll regulate it.

If they can't regulate it, they'll tax it.

It's all about making the exercise of that with which they disagree as uncomfortable/expensive as possible, to discourage the practice.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009

Only off by about 30 years. Better than Nostradamus.

This was not illegal (nothing was illegal, since there were no longer any laws), but if detected it was reasonably certain that it would be punished by death, or at least by twenty-five years in a forced-labour camp.

Last edited:

Mr H

Are any of the pro gun politicians still coming to this website? I don't think I've seen any responses from any of them on these kind of topics.

It's the "offseason"... which is annoying.

We live our lives 12 months a year, yet the majority of our reps live it for 3 (while the GA is in session).

The letters/emails I'm sending out, I am only receiving responses from 'friendlies' (and 1 gun-owning nay-vote), so you do the math........

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    :lol2:
    I was just reading the thread about "no more sbr's" and it made me think of something. Is the state of Maryland going to offer meetings or classes so that the gun owners of this state know whats what due to sb281? It seems like the only way to no if your wrong is if you get charged with something after 10/1. Everytime I turn around something about sb281 is being reported differently.:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54: I really wish I could ditch this state!:mad54:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It's the "offseason"... which is annoying.

We live our lives 12 months a year, yet the majority of our reps live it for 3 (while the GA is in session).

The letters/emails I'm sending out, I am only receiving responses from 'friendlies' (and 1 gun-owning nay-vote), so you do the math........

I have received one response from over ten emails/letters to the folks from 9A (who all professed to be pro-2A). I am guessing that Kittleman is focusing on his run for HoCo Exec in 2014, Bates is focusing in her campaign for Kittleman's seat in 2014, and Lord only knows what Miller is doing.

Mr H

I have received one response from over ten emails/letters to the folks from 9A (who all professed to be pro-2A). I am guessing that Kittleman is focusing on his run for HoCo Exec in 2014, Bates is focusing in her campaign for Kittleman's seat in 2014, and Lord only knows what Miller is doing.

Full Disclosure...

I full-blast Broadcast to the whole GA (most times).

I'll focus on our district when needed, but I'm not above being loud on occasion (and generating contact numbers).

CJWalker

Aug 18, 2010
    Carroll County
    Seems like they're making it up as they go along. Licensing division has ignored my questions about SBR's. I am hoping that the AG and/or LD will send response to the certified mail.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Seems like they're making it up as they go along. Licensing division has ignored my questions about SBR's. I am hoping that the AG and/or LD will send response to the certified mail.

Maybe if your prefaced your question with a new taxing idea, you would get a response.

Seriously, since when does the State get to ignore the people it works for?

Bet if wrote to them about some other matter, it would be attended to. Hmmmm, guess now that I own a gun, I have achieved second class status, hmmm?

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Well the problem with SB281 is that it is so inconsistent and poorly written that I do not believe we will find out what the law is until someone is arrested and the cause litigated.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Those are my reps too. Thing is, while these politicians understand to vote NO on SB281, I seriously doubt they understand the minutia behind all of this stuff. For instance, I would be shocked if and of the 3 understand how an AR-15 can be purchased as a stripped lower and then assembled. They probably assume that guns are always bought in one piece. What, an AR-15 can be a rifle, a SBR, and a pistol? How can that possibly be?

I doubt the majority of politicians know anything about firearms. Same goes for the majority of police. Unless this is a hobby you really enjoy, you will not know that much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom