• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    I called Mike Millers office and spoke to the lady, voicing my concerns. She was very nice and definitely seemed to agree with what I was saying. She told me that 95% of her calls today were from people who were against SB281 but she does not believe Mr. Miller will change his mind (duh we already know that).

What bothers me almost as much is the fact that there are members on here who are of legal age to vote but are NOT registered to vote. What the hell is that about guys/gals?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://m.capitalgazette.com/news/go...897-dd3c-582a-8591-2eae72b4576d.html?mode=jqm

While proponents of the legislation praised its passage, Senate Minority Leader E.J. Pipkin, R-Cecil, said what left the Senate was a "horrible bill."

"This does nothing for the safety of our citizens. That's a disappointment," Pipkin said. "If anything, all we've really done here is made some law-abiding citizens potentially criminals."

"The problem I have with this bill is it's all been put into one big bucket," Astle said. "What we're doing here is deluding ourselves into believing that this bill is going to solve the problem."

Pipkin said opponents in the House need to focus on gun licensing and attack the fingerprinting requirement.

"It's one of the most egregious parts of the bill," Pipkin said. "The whole licensing process which is being instituted needs to come out."

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    If soldiers are deployed and cannot make this registration date, what would happen to their guns?

This really upsets me because beginning March 6th I will be sort of busy for about a year and I feel like big things are about to happen and my hands are tied.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    If soldiers are deployed and cannot make this registration date, what would happen to their guns?

This really upsets me because beginning March 6th I will be sort of busy for about a year and I feel like big things are about to happen and my hands are tied.

IANAL - There is no law yet so the answer is unknown. If it stays the way it is written, I believe they will technically be in violation of the law and subject to penalties and/or prosecution.

GTW

Mar 1, 2013
    excuse this basic question, I am new to the forum but free today ... when and where is the hearing in Annapolis? Maybe I am one of hopefully silent majority just now getting angry with proposed new laws and regulations

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    excuse this basic question, I am new to the forum but free today ... when and where is the hearing in Annapolis? Maybe I am one of hopefully silent majority just now getting angry with proposed new laws and regulations

now till late. house building

online audio available

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mark23

Feb 28, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Great Videos from SB 281 hearing

I found this website: themarylandminutemen.org
    It has some great video excerpts from the SB 281 hearing a couple weeks ago. I was talking to the guy who is starting this group at the hearing today. He is going to be posting more videos from the hearing.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Sorry I just got in on this website, forum & discussion. Wish I'd known 13 days ago. Keep me posted.

Andrew White

Mar 13, 2013
    SoMD
    New MD resident here...Does purchasing a gun in MD equal to it being "registered"?

I own guns that I inherited from my dad after he passed away...regardless of any vote in the MD House, Senate or what have you...I do not intend to ever "register" them with anyone.

NRA-Benefactor

Defend Freedom
    Feb 4, 2013
    Calvert County
    New MD resident here...Does purchasing a gun in MD equal to it being "registered"?

I own guns that I inherited from my dad after he passed away...regardless of any vote in the MD House, Senate or what have you...I do not intend to ever "register" them with anyone.

Any regulated firearm you purchase new in MD is registered.

I'm not registering anything that was handed down either....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom