• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    So exactly what is the point of getting a ccw if the only place that you carry is at home
    You can still carry concealed my dude.
    Screenshot_20231002_210959_Word.jpg

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    No one has filed a case against the open carry ban that I am aware of. Some states have not allowed it for decades and unfortunately some people who open carry are not trained in weapon retention nor do their holsters have level 2 and above retention built in…

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    Just to clarify. I do not use on of these but after reading this. Using something like a sneakypete holster would not be legal under this new guideline.

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    We all know with law, law rulings, the devil's in the details, but FYI, DON'T get jammed up with their "By design" confusion of SB1 law and specifically the injunction:

The District Court judge modified his order from Friday 9/29/23 on the private buildings. Maryland's lawyers asked him to clarify he only meant private buildings and not dwellings and the judge agreed and modified the ruling... so just to be clear, you can legally carry without permission in private buildings but you still need to get express permission to legally carry in a DWELLING ️☹️

Last edited:

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    We all know with law, law rulings, the devil's in the details, but FYI, DON'T get jammed up with their "By design" confusion of SB1 law and specifically the injunction:

The District Court judge modified his order from Friday 9/29/23 on the private buildings. Maryland's lawyers asked him to clarify he only meant private buildings and not dwellings and the judge agreed and modified the ruling... so just to be clear, you can legally carry without permission in private buildings but you still need to get express permission to legally carry in a dwelling ️☹️

WoW

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just to clarify. I do not use on of these but after reading this. Using something like a sneakypete holster would not be legal under this new guideline.
    Yeah, I don't think fanny-pack holsters or backpack carry either, as they're probably not "an article of clothing"

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    As I was thinking about this new ruling, My wife uses a concealed carry purse. That will also be illegal under this new ruling.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Even in Maryland, I can't see them prosecuting a woman because they claim a pocketbook is not an article of clothing.

What if I carry my phone in a Sneaky Pete, and my gun in a man purse?
    It's European.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom