SB1 - Injunctive relief is provided for private property, locations that sell alcohol, and public demonstrations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I have read the MSI briefing that translates the injunction into layman's terms but I'd still like to run this through the brain trust here.

I will be attending a concert on private property, at a venue that serves alcohol. Per the injunction, it is legal to concealed carry in this setting, correct?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Hilti is an anti gun company, posted signs at the Golden Ring location. I don't pay any attention to the signs, all it ever does is to remind me of the song.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I have read the MSI briefing that translates the injunction into layman's terms but I'd still like to run this through the brain trust here.

I will be attending a concert on private property, at a venue that serves alcohol. Per the injunction, it is legal to concealed carry in this setting, correct?
    While I'm not answering your legality question:

CMC
    EBMD

Hilti is an anti gun company, posted signs at the Golden Ring location. I don't pay any attention to the signs, all it ever does is to remind me of the song.
    What song?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

How do you have a Hilti gun without the gun?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I know you don't go back and look (and so blaster chided you in the Birria Tacos thread), but Phoenix_1295 answered that, and also posted the YouTube
    It is an honor to be blasted by blaster, my friends are expected to rib me as i will rib back. But i have to go look now to see what Phoenix1295 said :thumbsup: :innocent0

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Concert venues are a no go to carry according to new laws. Just sayin

TD
    Seems reasonable. You don't want anyone interfering with an insane jihadist shooting up a packed, vulnerable concert environment, dense with victims.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Dang it, why couldn't I find this in the MSI layman's transcription? That's why I requested confirmation here. Thanks.
    That's the whole point. The law and COMAR are so dense, obtuse and convoluted that it's exceptionally easy to trip up. Manufacturing criminals instead of preventing crime.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD

TD
    It would depend on where the concert is held. If it is in a stadium, amusement park, or a museum, carry is prohibited. Concerts, in general, are not specified as prohibited in the state law, it depends on their location.

(This takes into consideration the current injunction regarding alcohol consumption.)

ETA: The concert promoter/property owner can prohibit.

Last edited:

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Sign in Chick-fil-A in Bowie has a no firearms or other weapons sign inside facility. They also have armed security.
    Both the Bowie CFA sucks, Crofton and Gambrills locations are nearby and much better. (Plus no stupid placards about carry)

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    It would depend on where the concert is held. If it is in a stadium, amusement park, or a museum, carry is prohibited. Concerts, in general, are not specified as prohibited in the state law, it depends on their location.

(This takes into consideration the current injunction regarding alcohol consumption.)

ETA: The concert promoter/property owner can prohibit.
    True I should have been more clear. Concerts could also be considered a group of “vulnerable individuals” if they wanted to really stretch the meaning.

Aren’t there other lawsuits pending challenging these places?

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012

TD
    Are they? I am going by the MSI site but I am not seeing "concert venues" as being off limits per se.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom