SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    So, if Congress fails to pass a CR or budget, will the courts shut down, delaying any movement on the cases against this law through 4CA and on to SCOTUS?
    Not immediately, but a possibility should a shutdown happen and continue.

The judiciary will be able to continue to operate for a limited time using funds derived from court filings and other fees, as well as other approved funding.
    Ironically, two weeks according to this.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Here's my first design for a window sticker. Size would be 3"W x 2"H
    Would something like this work?

Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 6.34.10 PM.png

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’m used to working for free, I wouldn’t know what it’s like to get paid to do nothing.
    All my income lags months behind doing the work. Bureaucrats and their sprawling underling infrastructure know that occasional delays are part of working for .gov, and they can just suck it up like the rest of us (who pay them).

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Although this article is from May 2023, from New Jersey(2nd Circuit), and a little lengthy, Judge Bumb basically spells out that private property owners may not be compelled to speak. Permit holders are not compelled to seek prior permission to enter private property(Knock on the door or ring the bell). New Jersey's version of SB1.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    All my income lags months behind doing the work. Bureaucrats and their sprawling underling infrastructure know that occasional delays are part of working for .gov, and they can just suck it up like the rest of us (who pay them).
    Yes, but you are still doing the work. I’m blessed to bring home a nice paycheck, and maybe some folks think I shouldn’t bitch about it. I pay a shit-ton in taxes. Politicians should have more respect for what they stole from me.

It’s not the workers fault.

Last edited:

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I see Walmart has now recently removed their more permissive signs. I wonder what backroom arm twisting caused that to happen.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    We go through this what seems like every year or so, has there ever been a case where someone wasn't fully paid eventually?

I recall a few years ago where the Navy Federal Credit Union urged its impacted customers to contact them ASAP so the NFCU could help them through the dry spell....

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Eventually sure. Doesn’t mean they don’t suffer financial hardship in the meantime by not getting paid timely
    Been there done that, prepared for it. Pitfalls of working on the tax payers dime. No sympathy from me, they’re almost all lazy bums who waste tax payer dollars. I’ve been dealing with them since 1993, and they're mostly idiots.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I just did the thing... you know... the thing...

when it's just not worth the effort...
    back button.jpg

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom