SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Read up, it's all here in this thread for you to see.

If I'm understanding you , HB 824 ( iirc) is of greater potential concern for you than SB-1 . It * Seems * that SB-1 is the one recieving the greatest push to be the one to " pass something , to seem like we're doing something " than the House Bills .

So , watch the thread on that one , and keep eye on the Bill Tracker .

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    In order for that to apply , the establishment must be posted with a sign of specified ( large) size and font , specifically citing the statute .
    That's the way it is down here in SC. A sign must have certain words and be of a certain size to carry legal weight and they do; illegal to carry past that sign. That said, this IS SC and lots of people would be "F'em, I'll shop elsewhere" so they are actually pretty rare.

I think Montana bans carry in bars, but I'd have to check again. Goes back to cowboy days, check your pistols at the door.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Made me look about Montana .

Per handgun law dot us , and reading Montana Statute 45- 8- 325 . carry in establishments that serve alcohol is not addressed at all in the statutes . And thereby Not Illegal .

Of course , an establishment could have their own House Rules about check your gun with the bartender . but that would be a policy . not a Law .

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You never will when their very own FOP PAC endorsed Wes Moore for governor and Anthony Brown for attorney general. The same political party that created this bill and gave the special exemptions based on occupation.

The FOP's own mission statements seem to be a stark contrast to their actions here in MD.
    Guilt by association...got it.
    So every union member, in any union that endorsed More, Brown, etc., is just a culpable because their union voted/endorsed them.
    I'll remember that for any organization you belong to that even hints at supporting anything against us.....You are as guilty for agreeing to them as the organization you belong to...ANY organization.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'm not LE, but I agree with Blaster, instead of trying to bring the community together, you idiots that keep dividing us can suck it, and I'll go a step further, you can tongue the balls as you gag.
    I agree, our fight should not be based on jealousy with each other. It is with them! /me points to Annapolis

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The left has perfected the art of divide and conquer, it is plain to see

We don’t like fudds, we don’t like cops, we don’t like unions, we don’t like union members, we don’t like liberals, we don’t like the democrats, we don’t like anyone who’s opinion is 3% different than ours, we don’t like anything that takes more than two weeks, which is every thing in md, and now I guess we don’t like each other

I fear we are doomed

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The left has perfected the art of divide and conquer, it is plain to see

We don’t like fudds, we don’t like cops, we don’t like unions, we don’t like union members, we don’t like liberals, we don’t like the democrats, we don’t like anyone who’s opinion is 3% different than ours, we don’t like anything that takes more than two weeks, which is every thing in md, and now I guess we don’t like each other

I fear we are doomed
    It’s always been our problem. People can’t see an ally, they only pick out the differences.

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Guilt by association...got it.
    So every union member, in any union that endorsed More, Brown, etc., is just a culpable because their union voted/endorsed them.
    I'll remember that for any organization you belong to that even hints at supporting anything against us.....You are as guilty for agreeing to them as the organization you belong to...ANY organization.
    Thats not my fault that you're reading into it further than elaborated through text.

The conversation was about the upper level leaders of that particular union who carries the weight to influence opinion in the MGA actually do the opposite of the mission statement. No where did I say the beat cop or everyday members like my own family who are cops and FOP members are culpable for things legislated in MD or are somehow against the citizens of MD carrying for their own protection.
    I'm not LE, but I agree with Blaster, instead of trying to bring the community together, you idiots that keep dividing us can suck it, and I'll go a step further, you can tongue the balls as you gag.
    What a sad emotional response and frankly quite disgusting. Especially coming from someone who's formerly president of an organization so highly regarded by MD gun owners and donated to by many of us.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    See you next week

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It’s always been our problem. People can’t see an ally, they only pick out the differences.
    I know and this time of year ( when the MGA is in session) it gets so bad I can barely stand it. It’s like everyone hates everyone else AND can’t figure out we all want the same things.

It hurts my heart

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    I know and this time of year ( when the MGA is in session) it gets so bad I can barely stand it. It’s like everyone hates everyone else AND can’t figure out we all want the same things.

It hurts my heart
    Apologies to everyone if my comment fueled any of the emotions and divide. I was trying to point out how MGA and the anti’s use carrots to further the divide.

We are all on the same side when it comes to 2A at its core. There are shades of gray along the continuum though that are used to separate us.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    498b917abc929956e0360e6e3245cf5c.gif

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Apologies to everyone if my comment fueled any of the emotions and divide. I was trying to point out how MGA and the anti’s use carrots to further the divide.

We are all on the same side when it comes to 2A at its core. There are shades of gray along the continuum though that are used to separate us.
    Hopefully @dblas will be unbanned by the time Andy goes to trial and we can all kiss and make up. :)

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

FWIW I never thought you were angry at anyone that could carry after this bill, and was surprised to see that some people thought that you were. We all know who the enemy is: MGA. Not others that can/can't/want to/do carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom