SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I guess with any bill like this, our hope is it dies in committee. If it makes it out, I take it we have no hope it will fail on the full vote?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I am so confused. It has a date if Jan 2023. They didn't even vote on it yet. I don't think is is stupid question. I am reall confused
    I think based on this post that your previous question may have been misunderstood. But, I don't blame them because it sounds like you are asking when it goes into affect or if it already did.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    So is the bill being enforced now. Looks like that backed dated if it is passed
    No. It cannot be enforced until it is passed by the MGA and then signed by the governor. And even THEN the earliest it can be enforced is October 1st of 2023.

will/ar15

Apr 3, 2018
    No. It cannot be enforced until it is passed by the MGA and then signed by the governor. And even THEN the earliest it can be enforced is October 1st of 2023.
    Okay thanks. Tried look up if governor signed it. Is he going to anyone know? We definitely need to start flooding his emails

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Okay thanks. Tried look up if governor signed it. Is he going to anyone know? We definitely need to start flooding his emails
    It needs to go to a full senate vote, the house needs to start their own version and pass it, they have to be reconciled if different, then the gov will sign and and sign it he will...with a grin bigger than Hogan's when he was surrounded by the demanding mommies not getting any action.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    The governor will sign it regardless of our emails.

Once it has been passed by the MGA (a foregone conclusion at this point) our hope lies in MSI and other pro-gun groups to sue the hell out of the state and challenge the constitutionality of the law. Settle in for a long fight, and start donating to MSI as you are able.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Maryland Civics lesson #43259:
    The governor doesn't have to sign it. The only effect the governor can have is to veto it. If he refuses to sign it, it becomes law without his signature.

But Smiley is going to sign it and make a big deal of it

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Maryland Civics lesson #43259:
    The governor doesn't have to sign it. The only effect the governor can have is to veto it. If he refuses to sign it, it becomes law without his signature.

But Smiley is going to sign it and make a big deal of it
    He’s saving lives….

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I just upped my membership level at MSI, so at least some good came out of these b@stards and their unconstitutional BS.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I really wish there was a way to personally sue legislators that knowingly introduce or vote for unconstitutional bills.

will/ar15

Apr 3, 2018
    Well that what I was asking. Moore is for it
    I think we should add all the local politicians going against the constitution with a law suit and sue all of them personally. Let lawyers rank up a huge bill and we win they pay for it. $100,000,000,000

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I think we should add all the local politicians going against the constitution with a law suit and sue all of them personally. Let lawyers rank up a huge bill and we win they pay for it. $100,000,000,000
    893D96F1-7E42-463E-9A3A-18E1D78CDB33.jpeg

:poke:

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I just saw a news story with politicians lined up for a photo op and stating “this legislation happened because of the thousands of email and phone calls”. The legislation was not firearm related but I had to think, I wonder if the 140,000 plus new permit holders and the even more gun owners in Md have emailed or called their representatives. If all it takes is emails and phone calls we should be quite powerful, right?

Joining MSI is great, but more can be done. TD

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I just saw a news story with politicians lined up for a photo op and stating “this legislation happened because of the thousands of email and phone calls”. The legislation was not firearm related but I had to think, I wonder if the 140,000 plus new permit holders and the even more gun owners in Md have emailed or called their representatives. If all it takes is emails and phone calls we should be quite powerful, right?

Joining MSI is great, but more can be done. TD
    They only cout the calls that agree with their political positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom