SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    No you don't... It sucks being in MD, but you don't want the federal govt to legislate gun laws. It could be bad for all of us. Same argument for a national CC permit.
    No matter how you look at it, the 2nd Amendment is a Federal issue. The US Constitution guarantees our God-given right to Keep and Bear arms. Period. It is the job of the US Supreme court to do their job and now make ALL states create recip[rocity with eachg other, thus rendering carry problems across state line moot, and at the same time define infringement in such a way that the states are clear that such boneheaded ideas as NY and MD have tried, are gonna get them smacked.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Did anyone read the article that MSI shared on Facebook? The Senate goon stated that the bill would still allow you to carry your gun at your own home or your friends home IF they give you permission.

I'd say hold that article and use the hell out of it in court when this mess goes into effect. He admits that they will restrict carry everywhere. I still say to hell with these goons.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Since I don't do the Book of Faces, WBAL also has a story highlighting Ferguson's and Waldstreicher's desire to infringe.

Maryland lawmakers propose gun control bills from ghost guns to public places ban
    ANNAPOLIS, Md. —
    A series of gun control proposals are before the General Assembly this year, including a unique approach to address ghost guns.

Senate President Bill Ferguson, D-District 46, said he considers public safety a priority.

"It is a top primary concern for us. It has been, it will continue to be," Ferguson said. "If people don't feel safe, nothing else matters."

Sen. Jeff Waldstreicher, vice chair of the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee, introduced a series of bills to address gun violence...

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I urge you all to contact the Delegates that wrote the unconstitutional bill. I also urge you all to contact your own Delegates.

Ms. Lee's office stated that it appears they know there is a problem with the bill but argue that the Supreme Court left sensitive areas too vague which is untrue. They also tried to say that we lost in the 2nd Circuit which I declared is misinformation. Pissed him off because he knew he was wrong. I said they didn't rule on the merit, only a procedural issue. He also said it's moot for Ms. Lee as apparently she's leaving. When asked where you could carry, He stated that the only place you could carry is where someone gave you permission.

Senator Jeff Waldstreicher​

Senator Lee

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    I like the Senate goon that said you can use your gun at home or your friends home. Except you can no longer take it to your friends home. They are out their.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I like the Senate goon that said you can use your gun at home or your friends home. Except you can no longer take it to your friends home. They are out their.
    Yup. No hiding it. This is clear violation of the SCOTUS ruling. F these clowns. I'm done sounding professional or courteous to their games.

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    Reasonable people still seem to overlook the Govt.‘s desire to have normal citizens disarmed and helpless. Logic is such an allusive thing.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    According to the 2nd Amendment, neither the feds or the states should have any say in what we own. Rights are given by the creator, not the government!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I want to ask them the basis for what portion of my federal taxes (article 1 sec8 clause 1 )have been determined to allow for a certain percentage of my enumerated rights to not exist entirely, or what body politic has determined they are to be the same or less as any other resident of the nation rather than the state of Maryland.
    And then who is solely responsible and why they have been determined to have been not been applied to my general welfare as a US citizen.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    Lobby day Annapolis, with everyone carrying a 2x4 cut in the rough shape of a rifle.
    Just a cut out of the state. MD is shaped like a gun!

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
      s-l500.jpg
      19 KB · Views: 70

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    "feel safe" What a joke.

When are the sheep going to realize that "feeling" safe and "being" safe are 2 different things, and only one works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom