SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Party leadership can cut funds going to their Districts .
    Party leadership can revoke their Committee assignments .
    Never mind simply direct campaign funds , remove them from the Party Slate , and heavily support an alternate candidate against them in the Primary .

Few politicians have enough of a personal political base , and enough personal money to buck that .

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    I am so tired of the up and downs. I thought with Heller we finally had the win of all wins…. Nope. Then with Bruen I thought for sure that was the case to end all this crap but here we are yet again. Now of course things are much better than before but I just feel like death by a thousand cuts. I think we all know we should win in court… eventually. But how long is that going to take? If the courts don’t grant the injunction or TRO (I’m not a lawyer) in the Montgomery County case… we could be waiting years. It will end up being the same for this bill. I am just over this shit. I really thought we would get help with redistricting but we didn’t and I have no idea where those lawsuits are anymore. Then I had really hoped Hogan would do more for us but he did almost zero. #FrustratedInWestminster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And yes, I am now thinking Conaway might be like the rest and not quite the supporter and advocate of civil rights as we are led to believe. I hope I'm wrong.

In his personal views ( from. Interactions in person over the years ) he probably is more so than most urban Dems . But see my above post about the limitations thereof .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ok so what can be done? Is it worth contacting legislators? Where do we focus our efforts?
    TD
    Tar & Feathers
    Run out of town on a rail.
    Necktie party.

Or move to America, while it still stands. The next generation of your family will thank you.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    Tar & Feathers
    Necktie party.

Or move to America, while it still stands. The next generation of your family will thank you.
    Tar & Feathers
    Necktie party.

If we don't do something real soon about these lying F~~ks state government and federal government were gonna be F~~ked

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I was really bummed out that Smith never really went into what the AG said. I was really interested in hearing the comment because it actually sounded like it was in our favor.

I want to thank Mark for the excellent job he did. Everyone did a good job at least getting them to chop a bunch of the real crap out of this bill even though a lot remains.

It seems that I'm a bit more optimistic than many others on here. I see that they have to accept our right to carry and that's a plus for me. I agree, it's not where it should be and limited. Before, we had no right to carry. At least now they have to accept our right to conceal carry in some places. I feel that is much farther and better than we were a year ago. I also understand that people with previous permits lost areas they can carry and that's a huge problem. For the rest of us, I think this is the first great step in the right direction.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    I was really bummed out that Smith never really went into what the AG said. I was really interested in hearing the comment because it actually sounded like it was in our favor.
    I didn’t hear it like that at all. Referring to a letter from the AG about this bill and the Bruen decision, seemed to be a supporting justification in this unconstitutional attempt to prove how brazenly they just don’t care if it is or isn’t legal. He seemed to be gloating about the AG letter, I wish it would have gotten read. I would be astonished if it were in any way against the bill’s proposals.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Can someone ask Mark P to just tell these fools we are still going to sue for an immediate injunction anyway? They need to realize this isn’t going to stand.

He told them that he would file a lawsuit the day it gets passed when he testified against the bill. They already know this and don't care.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I made sure to let everyone know in the Harford range I was shooting at tonight that Mary James Dulaney voted for this. A lot of phones were pulled out and checked.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It will pass or not , in today's form or otherwise , before Sine Die ( somebody insert this years date ) . Then the Governor will sign , veto , or allow to pass into law without his signature . ( He's already said repeatedly he wants to sign any and all gun control )

Then a Signed Bill will take effect October 1 .
    Oh he'll sign it with great fanfare and have the Mad Mommies there too. The House, the Senate, and the Governor, and anyone who supports this crap, F them all. They can all EABOD.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I didn’t hear it like that at all. Referring to a letter from the AG about this bill and the Bruen decision, seemed to be a supporting justification in this unconstitutional attempt to prove how brazenly they just don’t care if it is or isn’t legal. He seemed to be gloating about the AG letter, I wish it would have gotten read. I would be astonished if it were in any way against the bill’s proposals.
    That's the way I read it as well, but we won't know for sure today

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    I made sure to let everyone know in the Harford range I was shooting at tonight that Mary James Dulaney voted for this. A lot of phones were pulled out and checked.

Good! They need to pay attention and vote accordingly! We need every Senator and Delegate that is supposed to be on our side to be 100% on our side. Especially in this state. We can’t afford votes like hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom