SB0281 - Firearm Safety Act of 2013 (aka, AWB)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Emails sent to all Md. Senators, and Delegates. What are the hours they have staff to accept phone calls? Should I call all Senators and Delegates or just ones in my district?

I try to make all the calls on my drive home from work (4:30PM or so).

I've called all my representatives and those on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Yep, Criminals have "principles" too, and so while good people are dealing with the harsh legal ramifications of their decisions, very few people in this state will care, and the end result will be meaningless.. :rolleyes: (No saying it's right, just the way that it will be)

I live by a different set of principles then most.. My faith (Christian) doesn't allow me to purposely disobey the authority God has placed over me, when not in direct conflict with my faith. So If this outrageous legislation is passed, I will comply.

Then pray that God gives me the opportunity to vacate this state quickly.

Dude.... Your tag line under your screen name, above your Gadsden Flag avatar says "it's time"... But you feel it's your "Christian" duty to submit to authority... And you remind others that they'll go to jail if they don't register.

Which is it, man?

Are you the "it's time" guy, ready to water that tree?

Or are you the "piss down your leg while doing what your told" guy?

Which is it? Can you at least come up with a common theme?:sad20:

LAPD

Jan 23, 2013
    I can't believe what I am reading

I just read over this new Maryland gun legilation and I can't believe what I'm reading. Do I still live here in the United States or have I some how been beemed to communist China? Needless to say these Bolsheviks have to be stopped. Patriots gather your armies.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Thank you for contacting me about possible legislation to help control the proliferation of gun violence.

I support the Second Amendment and believe that gun ownership is a right protected by the Constitution. Hunters provide a valuable service to society by helping to control the overpopulation of certain animals in both urban and rural areas. Individuals also have the right to self-defense in order to protect themselves and their loved ones. I believe that one's right to bear arms is not abridged by eliminating a type of weapon that has been used to commit large scale public acts of violence. In today's society, securing safety of the state and its citizens can be accomplished without the private use of assault weapons.

I believe that one can adequately defend oneself and one's family without using assault weapons. Handguns and other arms effectively provide the means to defend oneself against the security threats in Maryland. Additionally, I urge individuals to utilize the services provided by local, state, and federal law enforcement services to help secure their neighborhoods and communities from potential threats.

Along with officials in many other legislative bodies across the country, I believe that a regulated licensing process, along with increased funding for mental health services and stricter limits on magazine and clip capacity, will reduce gun violence. Implementing these ideas together, we can reduce the number of incidents and tragedies that involve gun violence in our communities, our state, and our country.

Very truly yours,
    Frank
    Delegate Frank S. Turner
    Vice Chairman, Ways and Means Committee
    District 13 - Howard County
    Room 131, HOB
    410-841-3246/301-858-3246
    Fax: 410-841-3986
    E-mail: frank.turner@house.state.md.us
    http://mlis.state.md.us/

And another...

Dear Mr. PowPow, thank you for taking the time to submit testimony on Senate Bill 281. I appreciate hearing your concerns.

Regards,

Jim
    James N. Robey
    Senator, District 13
    Assistant Deputy Majority Leader
    The Senate of Maryland
    11 Bladen Street, Room 120
    Annapolis MD 21401
    Phone: 410-841-3572
    Fax: 410-841-3455
    E-mail: James.Robey@senate.state.md.us
    Web: mlis.state.md.us

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Not registering anything, or participating in any of that bullcrap. Maryland politicians can take a long walk off a short dock.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Emailed sent to all. I'll be making calls tomorrow as well.

For the 6th, does anyone know how late the hearings will go on and how late the shuttle will run. For example, if I can't make it down there until 4:30pm, will the hearings still be going on and will I be able to get back to my car afterwards (I could walk if needed, just wanted to know)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sent another round of e-mails to the entire Senate. Will make phone calls tomorrow and start hammering the House tomorrow as well. (It seems their version is about to come out.)

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Dude.... Your tag line under your screen name, above your Gadsden Flag avatar says "it's time"... But you feel it's your "Christian" duty to submit to authority... And you remind others that they'll go to jail if they don't register.

Which is it, man?

Are you the "it's time" guy, ready to water that tree?

Or are you the "piss down your leg while doing what your told" guy?

Which is it? Can you at least come up with a common theme?:sad20:

"I got mine, screw you guys"?

Boy, we need more people like you. You're a real credit to 2a rights.

Are you guys serious? I point out the fairly obvious and you take the opportunity to attack me and my faith.

:thumbsup: Nice job, lets continue to chew on each a little while longer...

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    From what I've seen Inheritance was in? Is this not the case?

I'm having some issue with your perspective on this. Are saying that what is being proposed is ok? If so you need to get your head screwed on straight. Annual licensing fees, further restriction on mags, 8 hour training, restrictions on transports into the state....etc. you do realize that this bill will basically allow dealers to sell their existing inventory ( which is non existent) and then they are out of business except for revolvers and bolt action rifles. Our children's children will be unarmed by attrition. Get your head straight. You can't abide with this in the name of religion or anything else. This is the beginning of the end here in Maryland.

Response?

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Emailed sent to all. I'll be making calls tomorrow as well.

For the 6th, does anyone know how late the hearings will go on and how late the shuttle will run. For example, if I can't make it down there until 4:30pm, will the hearings still be going on and will I be able to get back to my car afterwards (I could walk if needed, just wanted to know)

I'm not an expert on this but I would be willing to guess that the sessions will go on for quite a while. The gay rights bill went on until lat in the night. Hopefully we have at least that many people showing up to testify.

You should be able to park in a nearby garage, or the stadium, or on the street somewhere. I am planning on the parking lot near the stadium. I have no idea how late they are open I'll try to do some recon and figure it out.

Thanks for your effort- it's time to stand up and be heard.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I'm having some issue with your perspective on this. Are saying that what is being proposed is ok? If so you need to get your head screwed on straight. Annual licensing fees, further restriction on mags, 8 hour training, restrictions on transports into the state....etc. you do realize that this bill will basically allow dealers to sell their existing inventory ( which is non existent) and then they are out of business except for revolvers and bolt action rifles. Our children's children will be unarmed by attrition. Get your head straight. You can't abide with this in the name of religion or anything else. This is the beginning of the end here in Maryland.

Response?

No I'm NOT "OK " with ANY gun control. If you look at the context of my responses I think my postion is clear, or maybe not.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom