SB0266 - Does this create a registration of all guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    No. This keeps criminals from having an ownership interest in a FFL operation. We have had gun dealers caught making illegal sales/etc who loose their FFL and have their wife-mother etc get a FFL and put their name on the business while the criminal continues operating the business.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Looks to me (fwiw) to be two-pronged. Simplifying, here...

1) Prevent "prohibited" individuals from being involved in the operation of a gun shop

and

2) Make a shop's record-keeping requirements so onerous as to be prohibitive, and subject them to extreme anal probes on a regular basis

The first point, doesn't seem bad at first look. Typical MD tyranny on the second point.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    No. This keeps criminals from having an ownership interest in a FFL operation. We have had gun dealers caught making illegal sales/etc who loose their FFL and have their wife-mother etc get a FFL and put their name on the business while the criminal continues operating the business.

It also appears to add additional burden to the records at dealers and eases the manner of access by MSP to said records. Not on a computer and IANAL, so I cannot do a side by side comparison to existing statute.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A

It also adds an entire record keeping component to all regulated firearms dealers that seems to me (looking for thoughts from others though) requires them to record information about every single gun that passes through their business, regulated firearm or not.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It also adds an entire record keeping component to all regulated firearms dealers that seems to me (looking for thoughts from others though) requires them to record information about every single gun that passes through their business, regulated firearm or not.

That was my take...make it difficult for dealers to choose between staying in business and respecting the rights of their consumers. Another backdoor attempt at banning through onerous burdens.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    This is the same bill we've seen in years past. Thank Sandy Abrams for the repeated incarnations of this filth. IPs, please take note on this one.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

I believe that FFL's are already required to document every gun that they take posession of.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Looks to me (fwiw) to be two-pronged. Simplifying, here...

1) Prevent "prohibited" individuals from being involved in the operation of a gun shop

and

2) Make a shop's record-keeping requirements so onerous as to be prohibitive, and subject them to extreme anal probes on a regular basis

The first point, doesn't seem bad at first look. Typical MD tyranny on the second point.

Now wait a sec. Maybe gays are under-represented in gun shop ownership. This may just be a way to level the playing field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom