• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Was it wrong to let chatgpt write my opposition letter? I had a drs appointment I forgot about at 2:30 and was driving there and could not write anything in time. Procrastinator. Here’s what I I mean it came up with for the raising the age to 21 bill sb86

There are several reasons why the age requirement for purchasing rifles and shotguns should not be raised to 21. Firstly, the right to bear arms is protected by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and any attempt to restrict access to firearms for law-abiding citizens would infringe upon this constitutional right. Secondly, raising the age limit for purchasing rifles and shotguns would not effectively address the issue of gun violence, as individuals under the age of 21 who intend to commit criminal acts could obtain firearms through illegal means. Thirdly, individuals over the age of 18 are considered adults under the law and have the right to make decisions regarding their personal safety and the protection of their property. This includes the right to purchase and possess firearms for self-defense and hunting purposes. Fourthly, raising the age limit for purchasing firearms would disproportionately affect individuals who live in rural areas, where hunting is an important cultural and economic activity, and where access to firearms for self-defense may be especially important. In conclusion, the focus should be on enforcing existing laws and addressing the root causes of gun violence, rather than restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens who are over the age of 18.

I figured it would have an anti-gun bias, or just not allow those types of questions

wgttgw

Apr 10, 2011
    Cambridge
    How long after signup was the email?
    I signed up for this morning around 10AM. I got the email for virtual testimony at 4:11PM.

I figured when I didn't hear anything at 3pm I wasn't going to be selected. I then decided I would catch the bus coming from the shore for the rally. Not sure if I can pull off both or which would be more of an impact.

Anyone know if you can give your spot away and share the link with them? I fell like the more people who can show up there the better but I don't want to not give testimony with the limited spots.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    If I don't get an affirmative email, and get the shut out, like Doyle Lonnegan, I hopefully will be in the peanut gallery, facepalming, and coughing 'blow job' into my hand.

Screenshot_20230206-175250~2.png

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    Am I understanding correctly that the MGA is limiting who can testify in person? I signed up about 0830 this morning via my account on MGA and I have received no emails from them.

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    Am I understanding correctly that the MGA is limiting who can testify in person? I signed up about 0830 this morning via my account on MGA and I have received no emails from them.
    No E. Printed my sign up sheet and thats what I’m taking.

Well, I am showing up anyways. Ready to testify. I will bring my printed sign up sheet as my proof like Raineman.

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    Not really. It simply says that in person oral testimony may be limited and to keep a lookout for emails regarding your testimony. I'll be down there either way. F them.
    The only mention of confirmation of being selected is in the section for those signed up to testify virtually (zoom) . The mention of a finite limit on how many can testify (14) is in the section for those signed up to testify virtually (zoom) . For those signed up to testify in person it states a 2 minute time slot but no limits on how many can testify in person and no mention of them providing a electronic confirmation of a sign up.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The only mention of confirmation of being selected is in the section for those signed up to testify virtually (zoom) . The mention of a finite limit on how many can testify (14) is in the section for those signed up to testify virtually (zoom) . For those signed up to testify in person it states a 2 minute time slot but no limits on how many can testify in person and no mention of them providing a electronic confirmation of a sign up.
    Thank you!

Two minutes has been the norm for a while

I've seen 50, but no one can say if it's 25 a side, or 50 a side

I'll be there with bells on tomorrow

I won't cause trouble but they will know I was there (lawfully)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you signed up and did not receive an email stating that you were not selected and DO NOT GET CALLED TO TESTIFY my suggestion would be to find a reporter (Pam Wood from the Baltimore Banner told us tonight she would be there) and let them know. Especially those of you who signed up in favor of SB1.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    If you signed up and did not receive an email stating that you were not selected and DO NOT GET CALLED TO TESTIFY my suggestion would be to find a reporter (Pam Wood from the Baltimore Banner told us tonight she would be there) and let them know. Especially those of you who signed up in favor of SB1.
    Heh heh heh, he said wood

Thank you for that, I hope we're not kiboshed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom