• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 28, 2013
    How about asking our legislators to lead by example? If they won't accept protection from 10 round magazines and restricted rifles, then they shouldn't be asking the same of the people. I'm sure the police who patrol state buildings will be willing to demonstrate how unnecessary those high capacity magazines and semi-auto rifles are. If they think people can get the training to use these weapons and equipment, then I'm glad they're willing to provide it to the people.

How about asking our legislators to lead by example? If they won't accept protection from 10 round magazines and restricted rifles, then they shouldn't be asking the same of the people. I'm sure the police who patrol state buildings will be willing to demonstrate how unnecessary those high capacity magazines and semi-auto rifles are. If they think people can get the training to use these weapons and equipment, then I'm glad they're willing to provide it to the people.

I believe that all firearms deemed acceptable for the police are acceptable for the public. If a firearm or accessory is banned for the public, it should be banned for the police.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Yes, if we convince them of that then when they get a full ban through they will include the police. Oh, wait England has been trying that....

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Tread carefully. I don't think it's a bright idea. You're dealing with zealots who might accept such a compromise. As just said above, Britain did it. British police have been dying ever since. British political zealots consider it to be an acceptable tradeoff. Political zealots in our country are likely to think the same way.

Jan 28, 2013
    British LE have traditionally gone unarmed, and past polls show they want to remain that way.

I'd expect LEOs to protest, which people will see as more credible than gun owners' objections. I also think that the people proposing this limit are doing so because they consider lower capacities less effective, which means they will not want such a limit when their own safety is in question. They should answer for this double standard.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    British LE have traditionally gone unarmed, and past polls show they want to remain that way.

I'd expect LEOs to protest, which people will see as more credible than gun owners' objections. I also think that the people proposing this limit are doing so because they consider lower capacities less effective, which means they will not want such a limit when their own safety is in question. They should answer for this double standard.

This should be rhetoric not a proposal. And LEOs will protest
    Even now..its the leader ship that's at issue.. in fact if it were not for
    The police unions they would still be using .38 sp revolvers.

So if we stick to rhetoric we will have rank and file support. If we make the proposal there idiot bosses may take the deal so they. Don't need to worry about so many police shootings. You know like in NY.

Besides they want low cap mag because they don't want the public armed no other reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom