• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    The worst thing folks can do with this is divide us more. Take the man at his word.

I am. And nothing in his words stated that he was opposed to the suggestions, only that they weren’t his, personally.

And the worst thing we can do is support people and fund people that work against us. I have more kinship with the gun grabbers than trainers writing this crap and gun shops with no gun signs. At least the grabbers are honest about intent.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I know you are funny and also an exceptionally nice guy. I can’t tell which one is going on here.
    I think funny is good but i am being coy and i am trying to be kind without flat out being pissed. I know RS and i respect him a lot so i am trying not to be too judgmental to a man i respect.
    I like his place and business set up (training) this is bad to me and how much i dislike the government kicks me in the azz on a yearly basis.
    I wish it was a different business to be honest.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    https://www.wmdt.com/2023/03/maryla...se-training-requirements-for-security-guards/ This is an article that is from last year explaining how training is explained by Tim Otwell and the company for Jill Carter's bill
    Please keep in mind this is 1 year old
    Carter is an idiot- but we already knew that. Otwell wasn't 'wrong' i providing training beyond the statute for HIS paying customers, but he was dead wrong pushing an absurd requirement on 400,000 'guards' who won't ever handle a handgun.

Millions of dollars will be wasted in the next two years on this 12 hr "Guard training" for UNARMED security workers. Companies across the state will lay-off thousands of people rather than comply with extra 'licensing' fees.

Unintended consequences- and I don't recall seeing a lesson plan from MSP Licensing- yet.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Carter is an idiot- but we already knew that. Otwell wasn't 'wrong' i providing training beyond the statute for HIS paying customers, but he was dead wrong pushing an absurd requirement on 400,000 'guards' who won't ever handle a handgun.

Millions of dollars will be wasted in the next two years on this 12 hr "Guard training" for UNARMED security workers. Companies across the state will lay-off thousands of people rather than comply with extra 'licensing' fees.

Unintended consequences- and I don't recall seeing a lesson plan from MSP Licensing- yet.
    Just think of the money made and spent on making or passing costs down to the private citizen. Someone needs to pay the final cost

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Just think of the money made and spent on making or passing costs down to the private citizen. Someone needs to pay the final cost
    The taxpayer, of course.

(one source last year estimated that 80% of security staff in MD are unlicensed)

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

And now it would appear that Otwell wants it for W&C permit instructors as well, which in turn will add $$ to the cost of getting one.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This thing stinks more than a dumpster of rotting fish in the middle of August.

I propose that we make this ^^^ the Official Maryland General Assembly Aroma.

Do I hear a second?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the good news of the day that Sen Jill Carter, every criminal's best friend, actually voted for a bill that is tough on criminals? I thought Satan's own lightning was going to strike her down and leave nothing but a greasy spot.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the good news of the day that Sen Jill Carter, every criminal's best friend, actually voted for a bill that is tough on criminals? I thought Satan's own lightning was going to strike her down and leave nothing but a greasy spot.
    Not wrong

First off some of you are on dangerous ground with libel and slander. One thing is I just got back from three weeks in Hawaii. I personally have had nothing to do this. One of my instructors was a MSP retiree was ASKED to testify for this. Not my job to tell not to. Does this mean that I or ATFT are involved? I am not going against free speech with someone I respect as much as Tim Otwell, someone I have worked out with in martial arts and firearms for over 30 years. His intent was to protect the integrity of the industry. He is only doing it for public safety. If anyone wants to talk to me about this Call me on my private cell at 410-713-2333 but leave me and my company out of your discussions on MD legislatue. By the way John Josselyn texted me and I asked him to call me. Never heard from him at all to get the truth from the horse's mouth. If anyone who knows me knows that I have testified against gun laws since 1985 and have been in Annoplis every year. I haven't seen alot of you do what I have done for 2A in the last few decades.

R.S. MItchell
    Why only phone calls? Paper trails/emails/forum posts are a lot harder to deny
    WOW.... youre really trying to defend someone who want to make it harder for people to carry. The "letter" the email what every you want to call it is legit. It was verified by his business partner, from what his partner said he did it on his own not as the business partner.. what I find odd is the guy Tim doesnt even come up as a Maryland instructor... so someone who cant legally teach Maryland classes wants Md instructors to take a class the his business teaches...
    Hmmmm
    Let me understand this. The person who authored the Suggestions works for or is part owner of Atlantic Tactical. A politician asked for this guys Suggestions, probably not as a private citizen but as a instructor at Atlantic Tactical. The guy then writes a letter with Our Suggestions are.. but the owner of AT says he doesn't represent AT??

He represents your business. You may not have authorized him to represent your business but he most certainly does. In my view that is why he was asked and why he stated Our suggestion, not my suggestions

Then Kenpo doesn't even say he disagrees with it and defends that it was done with Public Safety in mind? It gives the appearance of speaking on behalf of AT and Kenpo's response gives the appearance that he at least doesn't disagree with it.
    I question this as well.
    If Tim Otwell was my employee or in any way affiliated with my business he would be fired before the sun sets today.

Not only did he attempt to benefit his business or his employer through legislative fiat, he also proved that he's a statist bootlicker in the process.
    I may be incorrect in my understanding, but I don't think a business partner can be fired. That being said, I agree.

Millions of dollars will be wasted in the next two years on this 12 hr "Guard training" for UNARMED security workers. Companies across the state will lay-off thousands of people rather than comply with extra 'licensing' fees

Yessir.
    Sorry folks, but this thread and Kenpo's response are not making me think very highly of ATFT.
    Not to worry Kenpo, I live in Baltimore County and would likely never be a student of yours anyway. That being said, I won't be referring any more friends on The ES to your training classes.
    And yes, I have done my share of Analpolis (sic) testimonies, some of which would have been considered "epic" by 2A supporters. I may piss of the MGA, but I make them think.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
      Screenshot (1).png
      1.3 MB · Views: 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads