• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I still want to know where all the carry permit holder bloodbath is in states without training requirements
    I have lost track of how many Maryland permits have been issued since Bruen, it has to be over 500k, but where is the bloodbath in Maryland?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I really do want them to come here and explain their reasoning. I want to hear the logic. This wouldnt have come out if not for the request fulfilled by Mckays office, thank goodness for politicians who answer their constituents.
    My guess is that they have this place on ignore.

Maybe if someone left a "less than stellar" review on their website....

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have lost track of how many Maryland permits have been issued since Bruen, it has to be over 500k, but where is the bloodbath in Maryland?
    At last look a couple of months go, it was approx 160K, going by the permit numbers.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    First off some of you are on dangerous ground with libel and slander. One thing is I just got back from three weeks in Hawaii. I personally have had nothing to do this. One of my instructors was a MSP retiree was ASKED to testify for this. Not my job to tell not to. Does this mean that I or ATFT are involved? I am not going against free speech with someone I respect as much as Tim Otwell, someone I have worked out with in martial arts and firearms for over 30 years. His intent was to protect the integrity of the industry. He is only doing it for public safety. If anyone wants to talk to me about this Call me on my private cell at 410-713-2333 but leave me and my company out of your discussions on MD legislatue. By the way John Josselyn texted me and I asked him to call me. Never heard from him at all to get the truth from the horse's mouth. If anyone who knows me knows that I have testified against gun laws since 1985 and have been in Annoplis every year. I haven't seen alot of you do what I have done for 2A in the last few decades.

R.S. MItchell

Last edited:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    There, at least, a special place n hell for any instructors that would try to remove their competition by suggestion additional training and certification that most can't afford and only the instructor making the suggestion can teach in Maryland.
    I can understand your point.

If my memory is right, about my post, I petty much was also thinking along the lines of gun grabbers and banning types who are quite unlike South Carolina etc where Constitutional Carry trumps any mandated costly training in order to protect oneself.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Could be CQD from over here.
    I’d be careful before I threw any names around without being certain.
    They have a lot of pull because of who they train and what they do.
    I’d be surprised if this was anyone from Salisbury but who knows anymore.
    Tim Otwell from Atlantic Tactical, and Atlantic Tactical came directly from Senator McKay.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    First off some of you are on dangerous ground with libel and slander. One thing is I just got back from three weeks in Hawaii. I personally have had nothing to do this. One of my instructors was a MSP retiree was ASKED to testify for this. Not my job to tell not to. Does this mean that I or ATFT are involved? I am not going against free speech with someone I respect as much as Tim Otwell, someone I have worked out with in martial arts and firearms for over 30 years. His intent was to protect the integrity of the industry. He is only doing it for public safety. If anyone wants to talk to me about this Call me on my private cell at 410-713-2333 but leave me and my company out of your discussions on MD legislatue. By the way John Josselyn texted me and I asked him to call me. Never heard from him at all to get the truth from the horse's mouth. If anyone who knows me knows that I have testified against gun laws since 1985 and have been in Annoplis every year. I haven't seen alot of you do what I have done for 2A in the last few decades.

R.S. MItchell
    I don't know why it had to go right to libel accusations. I for one have just repeatedly said I hoped you'd come here and make some statement. You and I have conversed in the past and you seem a decent fellow and I'm seeking to understand.

Did one of your employees use your company letterhead to convey an opinion? We didn't see the letter, only the text supplied. If they did and you didn't endorse it then that's another issue which is firmly yours to address privately.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Data from Feb 2024 found here:

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side

R.S. MItchell
    Please tell us what the intent of it is here. No need for phone calls let’s put it in the open.

I’ll ask another question do think this will hinder people from getting permits or do you think this will help them get permits? If you think it will hinder will you testify against one of your own employees?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom