Say it ain't so...TX moving to MD...WTF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy.

www.marylandshallissue.org

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    sorry to snag your thread but I have a similar question... I'm moving from MD back to Cali soon (I know another nazi state but at least its more pretty lol) Ive acquired a lot more guns since living here, no AR's or anything like that really just .22s and shotguns. Do I HAVE to tell California about them or can I just move in with them?

That's best answered on a Cali. gun board, like calguns.com.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Welcome to MD. You couldn't pick a bigger shit hole than Rockville area though. Is NOVA an option? I have cousins in TX and wish I could afford to move there, or near friends in NC. Kind of hard to pull up roots after 40 years though. On the bright side I left NY and then CA those 40 years ago. Of course you'll be right at home with all the illegals there. Are you fluent in Spanish?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Welcome to MD. You couldn't pick a bigger shit hole than Rockville area though. Is NOVA an option? I have cousins in TX and wish I could afford to move there, or near friends in NC. Kind of hard to pull up roots after 40 years though. On the bright side I left NY and then CA those 40 years ago. Of course you'll be right at home with all the illegals there. Are you fluent in Spanish?

^^This!^^

Its a shit hole trifecta; Maryland, Montgomery County, Rockville.

As others mentioned go to Virginia. They may not be perfect, but it beats the hell out of MD. Funny thing is, I want to move out of this hell hole and go to Texas!

Welcome to MD! I have friends talking about going to Texas! You should really stay if you can! This State SUCKS!! It makes me :puke:!! Getting worse & worse! Will have 30 yrs in where I work, which I could retire with full benefits, but because of 2 kids still in school, we have at least another 10 more years before we can even think of getting out of this Hell-Hole!!

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Welcome to the Republik. You're in for some culture shock, and a serious lack of good chicken fried steak. No Whataburger, and a Sonic is a bit of a ride.

Politics... this is a one party state, has been for years. And the party is no fun. I'd go to to VA, WVA or PA if you can. I'd go west if I could, but that's another story.

lol. i grew up around here in gaithersburg and was ignorant of my gun rights as a child. TX rocks, the allergies in Austin don't. I'm not fluent in spanish, but my children are.

Can I ask why your moving to Md. If you don't absolutely have to live in Md. I wouldn't. Va. or Pa. are better. My dad was from Tx. My brother lives there now. Tx. Is on my short list of where to move to when I retire. Was born here but won't be living here after retirement.

Family is here. I grew up here. I had my eyes opened to firearms in Texas back in college in the early 90's. I do like TX and most other southern states. It seems there are a lot of loopholes though to the laws. One of the biggest...staying a TX resident and just temporary rent in MD :-) I may go that route.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Family is here. I grew up here. I had my eyes opened to firearms in Texas back in college in the early 90's. I do like TX and most other southern states. It seems there are a lot of loopholes though to the laws. One of the biggest...staying a TX resident and just temporary rent in MD :-) I may go that route.

IIRC, if you maintain any residence and live within MD for anything more than 6 mos worth, MD considers you as having established residency.

I'll echo a previous sentiment... Welcome to the area, but why not VA???

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Texas to MD....hmmmm.

If I believed in reincarnation, I'd say you must have really screwed up in your past life to wind up here. :)

Mulchman

Jan 19, 2014
    Williamsport
    Stop selling your guns, talk to lawyer first. The way I understand it, is as long as you bought the guns legally in your state of residence or before they were banned for sale in Maryland you should be ok. They obviously will have to be registered. Its legal to possess banned guns, you just can't buy them here anymore.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    If you can maintain legal residence in Texas, do it. It's possible to have legal residence in two states, IIRC. You won't avoid the MD taxes, but can keep more of your rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom