Savage bmag and customer service update..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    So savage arms calls me today after reading the letter I attached to the bmag I sent to them. In a nut shell it went something like this "blah blah blah, this gun is a cheap plastic turd, blah blah blah, it shoots 6 inch groups at 100 yards, blah blah blah, if you can't send back a bmag that's sub MOA at 100yards replace it with something of equal value that will, blah blah blah it fails to feed every other round".. Well you get the gist. Anywho, she called and said that they advertise it as being a gun that groups 1.5" @100. I must have missed that in all their glorious ads and vids for this gun! Wtf so she said the gunsmiths would look at it and if it groups 1.5" they will send it back. With my luck, they will probly take two shots and they both hit perfect at 100 and they will just send it back. During our conversation she made it seem like they know it's a POS and it is what it is without actually saying it. Worst $350 I have ever spent.

I really wish I never purchased this turd to begin with..

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    they will lock it down in a vice and shoot it remotely. it will shoot 1' at 100yds.:lol2:

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I had high hopes for the 17wsm. Sadly it looks like it will never gain any momentum due to the poor initial offerings. Maybe they will get it right when they come out with the 22wsm.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Sorry for your trouble. All of my savages have been amazing. So much so, I'm looking at a .308. Perhaps you did get a lemon and they will take care of it. New caliber s can be tough to figure out for awhile.

Good luck to you

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've had good luck with Savage rifles and they have a good rep. I have held off on buying one of these as the reviews on other forums have been mixed. Seems to be hit or miss. They're advertising does say 1.5 MOA. I hope you get some satisfaction but on the other hand, going off on someone with a letter is not going to get you much sympathy on the inside. I would have given them a chance to make it right before I unloaded on them. 2nd chance, they deserve to get flamed.
    I've been waiting for a quality maker like CZ to get in the game, or even Marlin but I'm worried that the round isn't going to catch on as much as I had hope for it. Not being able to use CF in Balt County I was looking forward to it.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    I've had good luck with Savage rifles and they have a good rep. I have held off on buying one of these as the reviews on other forums have been mixed. Seems to be hit or miss. They're advertising does say 1.5 MOA. I hope you get some satisfaction but on the other hand, going off on someone with a letter is not going to get you much sympathy on the inside. I would have given them a chance to make it right before I unloaded on them. 2nd chance, they deserve to get flamed.
    I've been waiting for a quality maker like CZ to get in the game, or even Marlin but I'm worried that the round isn't going to catch on as much as I had hope for it. Not being able to use CF in Balt County I was looking forward to it.

Third rimfire I have had to send to savage. I don't need their sympathy, just a working gun lol

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Negative waves Dirk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ
    It sounds like they are trying to do the right thing. They could refund your money and send you a hooker for your troubles, but that's probably more than you could reasonably expect.

Read the Chantilly thread about people who don't stand behind their products. I am keeping good thoughts for you and your Savage.

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    I was reading an article in american rifleman about the bmag and the author was getting 1.4" groups. He did have some extractor problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom