• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    So I'm watching the outdoor channel on weds night, and am intrigued by the single action shooting society SASS. Anyone here do this? I haven't ever shot single action but it looks kinda fun.

Of course, is this another thing Maryland doesn't have? Also, do you have to shot in the events regularly or can someone join to support the sport?

TD

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Monocacy Pistol Club and the Thurmont Conservation and Sportsmans Club both have monthly SASS events. MPC is on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at high noon and the TCSC is on the 1st Sunday at 9 AM. TCSC has separate matches for the Wild Bunch (1911) crowd.
    Wild Bunch is cheaper to enter because you only need one gun , while SA revolver shooters need to have 2 for the regular CAS events.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    I am a SASS member and do cowboy action shooting (CAS) at Thurmont club. I enjoy it a lot but only get time to do it a few months in the summer. You need two SA revolvers, a shotgun, and rifle. Some shooters go all out with period correct dress, but you can also just show up in jeans and shirt, too. I don't compete I just shoot for the fun of it. Pretty good group of folks.

jwhite407

Always Packing
    Jan 31, 2013
    Lower Eastern Shore
    I enjoy SAS. It's what I started with as a kid, and what I started my daughter with. They are very fun to shoot. I only have the one. I don't belong to a SASS. Mine's a "New Ruger Single Six", stainless with rosewood grips. It came with 2 cylinders. One for .22 lr and one for .22 magnum. The ammo is relatively inexpensive when you can find it, so you can do a lot of shooting without breaking the wallet. I've seen the standard all blued single six on gun broker for under $300, so it's not a huge investment to see if you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom