• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    So, I ordered one of these last week, and it's just arrived at an FFL not too far from me:

b6_Poly_siyah_New-930x617.jpg

I plan to go do the paperwork in the next day or two, and pick it up as soon as it's made available (yay law-abiding gun dealers!). Given that it's a clone of the Tanfoglio Witness (small frame, I think), I'm hoping that the compact slide and barrel will be compatible, and that I can make it into a compact version with little effort, since replacement slides/barrels aren't offered by EAA.

Does anyone else have one of these, or have any experience with them?

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    SAR B6P

Congratulations, I think that you will be very happy.
    There was one in the case at Freestate for a month or so and I looked at it several times. I even tried one of my CZ 75 magazines to see if it would fit (it did but it didn't lock).
    I am a huge fan of the CZ and this appears to be a quality clone.
    Today I looked for it (with cash in my pocket) and it was gone.
    There was an article in the American Rifleman this month concerning the Turkish manufacturer. The author seemed to have a good opinion of Turkish arms.
    My only experience with Turkish arms has been with the Cougar which I consider to be a first class pistol,
    DocAitch

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    This month's American Rifleman has an article on this Turkish manufacturer. Pretty good write up, but... the company has been buying ad space for the last few months(the gal in the camo tight shirt) so I am not surprised.

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    I think Hvymax is the only one here who likes a Witness.

The only one who likes it? That's disheartening, but doesn't jibe with other comments I've seen by people who bought them, so here's hoping.

Congratulations, I think that you will be very happy.
    There was one in the case at Freestate for a month or so and I looked at it several times. I even tried one of my CZ 75 magazines to see if it would fit (it did but it didn't lock).
    I am a huge fan of the CZ and this appears to be a quality clone.
    Today I looked for it (with cash in my pocket) and it was gone.
    There was an article in the American Rifleman this month concerning the Turkish manufacturer. The author seemed to have a good opinion of Turkish arms.
    My only experience with Turkish arms has been with the Cougar which I consider to be a first class pistol,
    DocAitch

The manufacturer has apparently been around since the 1880s, but has only recently starting importing, I think, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

This month's American Rifleman has an article on this Turkish manufacturer. Pretty good write up, but... the company has been buying ad space for the last few months(the gal in the camo tight shirt) so I am not surprised.

Yeah, marketing is marketing, and my understanding is that most of the mainstream rags are ... appreciative ... of advertising revenue.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No one?

Geez, looks like I get to be the guinea pig for this one.

Do people like their Witnesses?

The only one who likes it? That's disheartening, but doesn't jibe with other comments I've seen by people who bought them, so here's hoping.

Oh. My bad. I thought you said Witness, as in EAA Witness. Not some Turkish clone. Maybe you should have said THIS model you purchased.

No. A clone is not the same thing.

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    Oh. My bad. I thought you said Witness, as in EAA Witness. Not some Turkish clone. Maybe you should have said THIS model you purchased.

No. A clone is not the same thing.

No, I meant the EAA Witness - the B6P is a clone of the small frame Tanfoglio Witness, and from what I can tell there's some parts interchangeability. My specific interest is in whether the slides/barrels are interchangeable, and I also wonder how people like their Tanfoglio Witnesses in general.

I also like that the magazines seem to be compatible (along with those of the CZ-75B).

EDIT: I apparently misunderstood your post - were you saying that HVY is the only one who likes his EAA Witness, or something else?

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    So, I ordered one of these last week, and it's just arrived at an FFL not too far from me:

b6_Poly_siyah_New-930x617.jpg

I plan to go do the paperwork in the next day or two, and pick it up as soon as it's made available (yay law-abiding gun dealers!). Given that it's a clone of the Tanfoglio Witness (small frame, I think), I'm hoping that the compact slide and barrel will be compatible, and that I can make it into a compact version with little effort, since replacement slides/barrels aren't offered by EAA.

Does anyone else have one of these, or have any experience with them?
    I just ordered mine from Sportsmansguide.com. It was $237 dollars. The problem is the magazines are expensive and tricky to find. I have cz75 mags at home but I've heard different stories about if they work or not. I found out that the extended MecGar mags work great. Gotta slap them in hard though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom