• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    On Saturday May 14th we will be conducting a trial Highpower Rifle match at Sanner's Lake. The attendance at this match will be used to determine whether or not we will continue with Highpower matches at Sanner's, so please dust off your AR-15, M1 Garand or M1A and show up. We'll also welcome most other centerfire riffles to the match as long as you can complete the rapid fire events. We intend on shooting the National Match Course of fire: 10 rounds standing slow fire, 10 rounds sitting or kneeling rapid fire, 10 rounds prone rapid fire, and 20 rounds prone slow fire. Please go to the link below and be familar with the rules and the course of fire. You will be given 5 minutes for unlimited sighters. Please show up by 0830 to help with set-up, we intend to start firing at 0900. Cost will be $5 for members and $10 for non-members. E-mail me if you have questions.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/highpower.asp

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    Also, I'm starting an e-mail distribution list for Highpower at Sanner's so if you'd like to be added to the list please PM me your e-mail address.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Match Flyer

Here's the Sanners Lake match-announcement (see attachment in PDF).

Let's all try for a STRONG attendnace at this event, so that instead of this being merely a "Trial Match", it will become the first of a long series of monthly HP Rifle events @ SLSC.

Attachments

• Hi-Power Trial Match at SLSC.pdf
      230.7 KB · Views: 286

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I want to shoot the highpower but will be on travel for work that day. If I get back early consider me in. This reminds me I need to mail my membership renewal. Gotta drop that baby off tomorrow.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    First off I will be conducting a rapid fire demonstration on Sunday May 8th at 0900 at the rifle range to give you an idea of how the rapid fire events go. Please show up if you need help with the rapid fire events, or if you'd like to discuss the course of fire, technique, equipment, etc. I realize this is Mother's Day, but it's the best I could do.

On Saturday May 14th, please show up by 0800 (not 0830 as was previsouly advertised) to help setup so that we can be shooting at 0900. I'd like to make this as easy of a day on your family as possible. Also, in the interest of time, abilis/reshoots will not be allowed so please ensure your gun functions properly. Please let me know if you will definitely be coming to shoot.

Equipment needed:
    1) Centerfire rifle that is capable of allowing you to complete the rapid fire events. Therefore a rifle with internal or detachable magazine, capable of holding at least 5 rounds (8 or 10 for service rifles). You will shoot 5, reload, and shoot 5. Service rifle (AR-15, M1A and M1 Garand) will shoot 2, reload, 8. You can use optics.
    2) Spare magazine or clip to reload.
    3) Some sort of shooting mat, heck you can even use a piece of carpet, or a thick blanket.
    4) Eye and ear protection are required at Sanners.
    5) Spotting scope or binoculars is highly desireable, but you can get by without it.
    6) Pen or pencil for scorekeeping.
    7) Staple gun would be helpful.

If the weather on May 14th is poor we will set a rain date.

Videos of the rapid fire events:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4soI4P0DNZo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LUKwam5Rk

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    Oh snap I wish I got online more and read about this... this sounds like too much fun.

I'll see what Gibby's up to and maybe we can have some dueling Garands...

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    Reminder: the match is this coming Saturday. Please show up by 0800. The match will be limited to the first 24 shooters, so please ensure you sign in as soon as you get there. Cost is $5 for Sanner's members and $10 for nonmembers.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    The current weather forecast for Saturday mentions showers. I intend on having the match even if there's showers. We'll be shooting under a roof. Please come on out!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I'll be there early. If anyone needs a shooting mat let me know I have a few available.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    I would love to be there, however, I will be having my wisdom teeth pulled. :sad20: I will be just around the corner from Sanners, at Tidewater dental, drooling all over myself and writhing in a drunken stupor of meds and pain. Hopefully you have enough people show up to keep doing these.

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    Unfortunately, I will be unable to go. Saturday is one of my few days to get my schtuff in order before I ship out. Sorry. Have a good time!

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    A HUGE Success!!!

Thanks to the hard work of Blazin, DickC, & Company, and the enthusiastic turnout of the shooting community (not to mention the somewhat unexpected cooperation of the weather-gods), today's event was a great success.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: We had three full relays and coulda easily filled a fourth.
    The match ran VERY smoothly and was done by 1300. We had more help setting-up and tearing-down than we really needed -- which is a great credit to the attendees.
    The only challenge was double-parking -- which is a very welcome problem indeed.

The Sanners' Board is glad that this record-turnout makes the decision to approve this match-program a no-brainer. The SLSC BoD has already agreed to give the HP Matches a permanent place on the Monthly calendar. These monthly HP Matches will be added to the SLSC Calendar @ sannerslake.us as well as being posted here -- probably within the next week or so.

See y'all at next month's SLSC Hi-Power Match. Let's keep-up the momentum.:D

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks to the hard work of Blazin, DickC, & Company, and the enthusiastic turnout of the shooting community (not to mention the somewhat unexpected cooperation of the weather-gods), today's event was a great success.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: We had three full relays and coulda easily filled a fourth.
    The match ran VERY smoothly and was done by 1300. We had more help setting-up and tearing-down than we really needed -- which is a great credit to the attendees.
    The only challenge was double-parking -- which is a very welcome problem indeed.

The Sanners' Board is glad that this record-turnout makes the decision to approve this match-program a no-brainer. The SLSC BoD has already agreed to give the HP Matches a permanent place on the Monthly calendar. These monthly HP Matches will be added to the SLSC Calendar @ sannerslake.us as well as being posted here -- probably within the next week or so.

See y'all at next month's SLSC Hi-Power Match. Let's keep-up the momentum.:D

+1 for a great match. I will attend again if my schedule permits:party29:

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Thanks Blazin & All

Thanks for the great first highpower match. Lessons learned for a newbie:

1) It's a SPOTTING scope. Use it.
    2) Don't be afraid to change your sights - a LOT if required.
    3) Change them in the correct direction.
    4) A "good group" outside the scoring rings has a special name: a "miss."

For the guy who shot a 481/500: you're not human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom