• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    With so many residents not paying their ambulance bill, how would it be a viable solution since a private company would go broke. Unless non paying customers are calculated into the financial model.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    As for the case in the article, within 4 minutes of the call, a firefighter paramedic was on scene to take care of the kid. There is no much on the ambulance that the fire engine didn't have available. Sad as it is, it probably wouldn't have made a difference for this kid.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    With so many residents not paying their ambulance bill, how would it be a viable solution since a private company would go broke. Unless non paying customers are calculated into the financial model.

The city would pay a subsidy to the ambulance company. Still cheaper than maintaining fully benefitted and unionized city EMS service.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. but contracting out is an admission that the city cannot run it's own affairs. It would be an affront to home rule.

not gonna happen IMO.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    yep. but contracting out is an admission that the city cannot run it's own affairs. It would be an affront to home rule.

not gonna happen IMO.

This. In addition, contracting it out would limit the rackets ability to hand jobs to political cronies.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I can promise you that the fireman are upset that they were not able to save this child. One of the main problems is the "Office of Unified Communications". They have no clue how to properly categorize EMS calls. As an example, we routinely get dispatched for a person with chest pains, only to find out when we get there that the "patient" called for an ingrown toenail. That is no BS. Add to that the fact that the population has grown tremendously without adding any Fire/EMS resources.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Swinokur I have to ask if you have any experience in the fire service.

DC had other units in the area but they were already committed to calls. This happens amd dispatch will move assets if they are available. The bigger problem in the city is the band aide brigade. The people call 911 for things they could treat themselves or go to the hospital on their own. Instead they call for an ambulance thinking it will get them past the ER triage for faster service or they just need a ride.

If you have ever been in the fire/ems service you know that 2 out of every 3 calls is for the band aide brigade.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Swinokur I have to ask if you have any experience in the fire service.

DC had other units in the area but they were already committed to calls. This happens amd dispatch will move assets if they are available. The bigger problem in the city is the band aide brigade. The people call 911 for things they could treat themselves or go to the hospital on their own. Instead they call for an ambulance thinking it will get them past the ER triage for faster service or they just need a ride.

If you have ever been in the fire/ems service you know that 2 out of every 3 calls is for the band aide brigade.

Many years paid. And 5 years in Communications. And since DC has no legal means to stop the abuse, it continues.

good enough?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. and no way to stop it.

DC residents use ambulances and ER'S as their primary care system, not traditional trips to the Dr. in POV's like most people.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Many years paid. And 5 years in Communications. And since DC has no legal means to stop the abuse, it continues.

good enough?

Absolutely!

I asked because I normally hear this type of criticism from people that don't really understand the system.

I didn't know D.C. didn't charge the abusers. Charles county changed things a few years ago and it slowed down some but it will never end in our welfare society.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Was the cause of death released? Could this child really been saved?

I ask because I didn't see it in the article and far to often the media has an agenda.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I didn't know D.C. didn't charge the abusers. Charles county changed things a few years ago and it slowed down some but it will never end in our welfare society.

'Can't squeeze blood from a stone'

The ones most likely to abuse the system in that way have no assets you could go after for a collection action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom