• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babyeagle

May 2, 2012
    Ok so I ordered my shotgun and had it sent to the FFL for transfer. I did all the paper work and waited 7 days. Then come to find out they MDSP has not returned anything to my FFL. It's it common for them to sit on paper work? I know i should have transferred it in VA but I didn't want to fool with the bridge. It's going on almost 2 weeks. Does anyone know if I can contact them and see what that hold up is?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I had one take over 20 days.

A S-12 SHOULDNT have had regulated paperwork but since it did you are stuck waiting.

I have a feeling they are very backed up. I just sold a firearm and we are past our 8 day mark today and no nothing.

I think this is a REAL issue that needs to be addressed either with more man power to ensure the 7 day transfer OR just get rid of the stupid law.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    Saiga 12 isn't regulated in Maryland. Why is MDSP involved?

All according to who you buy it from. Some say it's based on an AK so it's regulated others say it's not a rifle so it doesn't matter that it's based on an AK so it's not regulated. I say its all BS:mad54:. My wife just had to wait 7days for a Saiga 410. Come to think of it her paperwork comes back alot of times before the seventh day mine takes 2 weeks most of the time. :mad54:x2

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Yes, doesn't require MSP approval but many FFLs treat it as regulated. Once it's in the system you have to wait vs a NICS spot check.

Mine are always back in a week but if you are fairly new to the MSP database, or your dealer waited to submit a bunch of paperwork together, or you have a PBJ or a name similar to someone prohibited it may take longer. Complain to your local state representative. The MSP seems to be taking more and more liberties with their timely NOT-disapprovals but I'm sure things will only get worse as November approaches.

babyeagle

May 2, 2012
    Well the FFL told me since it was converted it was a regulated weapon. This is my first time dealing the the BS that MD has.

I would love to complain to my state representative but I'm a VA resident that just happens to live in MD. Next time I will not deal with MD i'll go to VA to buy anything I need.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Well the FFL told me since it was converted it was a regulated weapon.
    That definitely has no bearing on it. Find a new FFL who actually knows the law. If a Saiga 12 is regulated, it's because it uses an AK action. (Which it doesn't, really, but enough from me.)

EDIT: I suppose there is a possibility you did the transfer from an IP who actually follows bulletin 96-1 and still thinks the Saiga is an AK. Still should be unregulated, but slightly less clear.

Last edited:

babyeagle

May 2, 2012
    I'm not arguing with you. I'm still trying to figure out all these stupid laws. However the FFL is one of the industry partners from this web site.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    But the PS90 I bought last week is cash-n-carry. Because its soooo much less dangerous. :sad20:

Stupid, poorly thought out laws. Grumble, grumble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom