• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    Can anyone recommend a good safe moving company? I am thinking about ordering a safe (about 1000 lbs) and having it delivered to my house. I would then like to find a company to move it into my house. I would do it myself but I've done that once and it I know it is worth having a company move it that has the knowledge and the tools. I am in Calvert. Also, do you know what it will cost (no stairs but would have to get it around back of my house and then put it into the house. thanks

SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012
    Give Carolina Safes in Waldorf a call before you order. They stock lots of safes and are great to deal with.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    I've purchased a safe from Carolina Safes and they also moved one for me, that I didn't buy from them, for a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

KD999

Dec 18, 2012
    Virginia
    Carl is the man. I bought a 1,000lber and he got it in my TH with fractions of an inch to spare. Amazingly good guy and I would visit his showroom before you buy online.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Carl is the man. I bought a 1,000lber and he got it in my TH with fractions of an inch to spare. Amazingly good guy and I would visit his showroom before you buy online.

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

Bought Liberty Colonial 30 from them after researching on line. Yes, you can buy cheaper and have shipped for curbside delivery. But after reading other threads on this forum I was convinced moving a safe into the house is a job for professionals. If you buy on line you can find some places that deliver curbside for free. Then the fun begins. White glove service for installation in your home can run hundreds of dollars. Or, you can opt for local installation, but not sure if Carolina Safes charges differently for safes not sold by them. They charged $175 for delivering my 650lb. safe (St. Mary's) to my basement after "walking" the safe down my front/side yard to get to the basement door. They service all of SOMD. They have all the special equipment (I couldn't find a local rental place that had safe moving equipment) and experience to do in 20 minutes what it would take an amateur hours- with the end result being possible damage to your house/floors/safe or all three. You will need to determine your price point compared to features like number of active pins, fire rating, mechanical vice electronic lock, number of long guns, and special features like dehumidifiers, lights, and other accessories.

PM me if you want more details on my research and purchase experience with Carolina Safes. I echo the above comments regarding the Hansons. Great experience dealing with them.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Yup. Bought both my safes from them. They have a powered lift that will get even the largest safe they sell up and down stairs without a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom