• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    And of course, thank you Trump/McConnell for getting Judge Sinatra on the bench where he heard this request and stood up for the BoR. The legacy of those 300 federal judges named by Trump is going to be yuge. A lot more yuge than memory of mean tweets.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    When worshipers are assembled in peace. They should be able to defend against nut jobs who would love to make a name for themselves slaughtering the faithful.
    The 2A reinforces a God given right to life, liberty and pursuits of love and happiness.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    A pretty read...just a reminder that this does sorta conflict with the recent District Anonyuk ruling...
    The only thing that has happened so far with Antonyuk is the TRO was stayed. There hasn't been a ruling yet to conflict with any another ruling. All of these cases will take years to play out.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Just a reminder that the SAF are supported in-part by your Amazon Smile donation.

Got this in email today, thought I'd put it here:

1666715244679.png

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

SAF FILES REPLY SUPPORTING MOTION FOR P.I. IN NY PARKS BAN CASE​

The Second Amendment Foundation has filed a reply supporting its earlier motion for a preliminary injunction in the case of Christian v. Nigrelli, challenging New York State’s ban on carrying firearms in public parks under the state’s new concealed carry law.
    SAF is joined by the Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc. and Brett Christian, a private citizen. They are represented by attorneys Nicolas J. Rotsko, Phillips Lytle LLP of Buffalo, N.Y. and David H. Thompson, Peter A. Patterson and John W. Tienken with Cooper & Kirk PLL in Washington, DC. The case was filed in U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York.
    “We are asking the court for a preliminary injunction and filed this new motion in support of the original complaint because it is imperative the court step in to prevent enforcement of this ban on carry in public parks,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “The state’s new law bans firearms for ordinary, law-abiding citizens in every public park when there is no historical evidence of such blanket bans upon which the state bases its position.
    “Mr. Christian has refrained from carrying firearms in parks and has even stopped visiting those parks he used to utilize prior to the new law taking effect,” Gottlieb added. “He has also refrained from carrying on public transportation, and in businesses open to the public, because the change in state law has increased the potential for his arrest and prosecution. Since New York’s new law took effect, he has only exercised his constitutional right to carry three times, while before he was able to carry nearly every day.”
    The law, S51001, was hastily adopted in response to the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, which struck down New York’s century-old carry statute that required applicants for carry permits to show “good cause.” The new statute includes broad restrictions on where citizens may legally carry.
    “This case perfectly illustrates the extreme nature of New York’s S51001,” Gottlieb stated. “We’re hoping the court acts quickly on our motion, and brings a halt to this nonsense.”
    Thank you.
    Your support makes our work possible.
    Copyright © 2022 Second Amendment Foundation, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email as a supporter of the Second Amendment Foundation. We thank you for all of your support as we continue to fight for your rights.

Our mailing address is:
    Second Amendment Foundation
    12500 ne 10th pl
    bellevue, wa 98005
    Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
    33LiIEJzekcNI0R-B9D4TC1HjmiR-83Cb2gk50Q7TBJdUhGV3nOXgukjWxypB_683KVgz6erbj6Yb7tOK1NmULacaMPUFXAOxJhzQmjvxpfTGovG-p877JLbUvHmED2S5kppZCBQ89kSVsADtnuzBCKf1xPHyA-gLg=s0-d-e1-ft

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    ADA. Civil rights act. Clean water act. Clean air act. Government has an extremely long history of telling people what they can do on their property.
    99.9999% of the time someone pollutes the water or air on "Their" property, it effects everyone around them.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    99.9999% of the time someone pollutes the water or air on "Their" property, it effects everyone around them.
    My comment wasn't a complaint on any of those. Just pointing out the facts. I am supportive of all of those things. Sometimes they get abused by gov't or individuals suing under them, but the occasional abuse is not nearly as bad as not having them in place.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

Thanks for posting this up!

I’m not sure if it’s funny or sad how, when you watch this vlogger and listen to his reading the opinion and reasoning of the judge(s) or justice(s) it would make sense to an elementary school age child.

And yet, New York (MD, NJ, MA) here you go again; completely missing elementary legal precedent(s).

LOL, every letter in state name “New York” must stand for “immature”!

Last edited:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    My comment wasn't a complaint on any of those. Just pointing out the facts. I am supportive of all of those things. Sometimes they get abused by gov't or individuals suing under them, but the occasional abuse is not nearly as bad as not having them in place.
    Understood.
    I spend all of my recreation time in the woods and water,, what man has done to the environment is a crime. not talking global warming, just basic using the water ways and air as a personal hazardous waste dump :(

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Understood.
    I spend all of my recreation time in the woods and water,, what man has done to the environment is a crime. not talking global warming, just basic using the water ways and air as a personal hazardous waste dump :(
    Most times I come out of the woods on public land, and sometimes even private, I usually have wrappers, cans, bottles, pieces of plastic, etc. I picked up while I was hunting.

My own property is just littered with crap. Most of it wasn’t the former owner, he just never cleaned it up. He built the house in the early 90s. Much of the stuff was from the 70s and 80s from neighborhood kids I’d some adults drinking and screwing around in the woods. Empty bottle and cans, some shot up. Pieces of plastic from stuff. Old (likes 70s and 80s) fast food cups. Trash washed down the creek from neighbors sometimes. And from the trash collection a quarter mile away that gets blown by the wind and eventually ends up in the creek. I’ve found some live shotgun rounds in the leaves that were probably 40 years old.

Usually twice a winter I’ll walk through my 3 acres of woods with a garbage bag fishing stuff out and tossing it away. This is my 4th winter here and I’ve finally noticed that it is getting less what I am pulling out of the leaves and bushes in the woods. I can still get a fairly full garbage bag, but it takes me a few hours rather than filling it in 30 minutes. The creek though I do about twice a season (so anbout 8 times an year) and is usually a smaller kitchen garbage bag amount of stuff. Not a big heavy duty trash can size like I pull out of the woods.

I’ve gotten some stories from some now old neighbors who grew up here who are in their late 40s and 50s that “my creek” used to be the neighborhood kids’ creek. They had a rope swing and would jump their bikes across it and smoke and drink after school down there. Until the former owner bought the land and built the house in the early 90s.

Maybe I was weird growing up in the 80s and 90s, but I used to spend most of my waking time in the woods in Columbia and Ellicott City, but I honestly can’t remember a single time littering. There must have been something I tossed in the woods that wouldn’t decompose fast (oh, I remember tossing some used tissues, banana peels, apple cores, stuff like that). I just can’t ever think of a time. Even as a fairly little kid I used to haul trash out of the woods.

The closest I come these days to any littering is with hunting how I gut deer, I tie off the large intestine with a small zip tie before using a butt out. I’ll admit I don’t always cut the zip tie off then and toss it in my pack to carry out (I do pack out my disposable nitrile gloves).

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’m not sure if it’s funny or sad how, when you watch this vlogger and listen to his reading the opinion and reasoning of the judge(s) or justice(s) it would make sense to an elementary school age child.

And yet, New York (MD, NJ, MA) here you go again; completely missing elementary legal precedent(s).
    Don't be fooled. This isn't them not getting it. This is them trying to run out the clock. Keep throwing infringements - from the minor irritants to the total carry show stoppers - at us law-abiding people, knowing that if we want to fight them (even when armed with something stellar like Bruen), that it will take millions of dollars and sometimes years to play out. They know their new laws won't pass an honest application of Bruen by the lower courts. They don't care. They are waiting for their chance to alter the makeup of the courts (all the way up to SCOTUS) so they can get their infringements blessed by those who think like they do. It's not, and has never been about them not understanding the constitution. It's about them deliberately daring you to find the money, the time, the energy, and the patience to fight the fight. They're entrenched swamp creatures who love the slow grind, and are doing it with your own money.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Don't be fooled. This isn't them not getting it. This is them trying to run out the clock. Keep throwing infringements - from the minor irritants to the total carry show stoppers - at us law-abiding people, knowing that if we want to fight them (even when armed with something stellar like Bruen), that it will take millions of dollars and sometimes years to play out. They know their new laws won't pass an honest application of Bruen by the lower courts. They don't care. They are waiting for their chance to alter the makeup of the courts (all the way up to SCOTUS) so they can get their infringements blessed by those who think like they do. It's not, and has never been about them not understanding the constitution. It's about them deliberately daring you to find the money, the time, the energy, and the patience to fight the fight. They're entrenched swamp creatures who love the slow grind, and are doing it with your own money.

Excellent points. Very true. And infuriating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom