• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Gura argued against the need or justification for the status conference Gansler wanted and the judge's response was, "Oh, what the hell can it hurt?"

Not in the judge's chamber... Gansler gets to "phone it in" tomorrow.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Gura argued against the need or justification for the status conference Gansler wanted and the judge's response was, "Oh, what the hell can it hurt?"

Not in the judge's chamber... Gansler gets to "phone it in" tomorrow.
    I'd say that's a pseudo win for Gura and company since it isn't everything Gansler wanted. I am not surprised that the judge granted a status conference, that seems to be how these things normally play out anyways.

Kinda had some lightening fast discourse since last week!

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Yeah, we have MTD's from the State, MSJ from SAF. A lot has happened for having absolutely nothing happening.

Tomorrow's TELCON is probably an expeditious way for the Judge to find out where the State is going I believe, whether they will address the initial Complaint, and probably telegraph to the parties whether the State's Younger Abstention, SAF Standing arguments are going to have any impact, particularly in the shadow of the recently filed MSJ by SAF.

A side bar, if you will...

Of course, I could be completely wrong...

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    Do we have any background on Judge Motz?

I could have easily missed it, but was wondering if we know what his track record may show?

edit; oh, well now, a Reagan nominee! Could be better than we may think?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

Point is the judge was not appointed by anyone who felt 2A needed protection. That was the question asked, and this is the honest answer, regardless of how politically incorrect that answer might be. No drama required.

I'm with you, good Republicans should bury this.

IBID. No need for defensiveness. It was just a simple answer to a simple question. And frankly, forgetting history (even history we do not like), does not help us in the future. Even great people make mistakes, eh? :)

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ...IBID. No need for defensiveness. It was just a simple answer to a simple question. And frankly, forgetting history (even history we do not like), does not help us in the future. Even great people make mistakes, eh? :)
    Sorry Patrick, left off the 'sarcasm' icon and clouded my meaning.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Got it. And I certainly do not want to drag up old arguments. Literally...we're 35 years out from that time.

Back to the case, I am assuming a loss at the district level but hopeful that Peruta and maybe one or two other cases might push us into the win column.

Note that I am trying to be more optimistic per Krucam's recent admonishment. ;)

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Just uploaded Item 15 to the Docket.

Judge Motz's comments to the parties following the Conference last week.

November 22, 2010
    MEMO TO COUNSEL RE: Raymond Woollard, et al. v. Terrence Sheridan, et al.
    Civil No. JFM-10-2068

Dear Counsel:
    This will confirm, as I ruled during the telephone conference held last week, that defendants need not respond to plaintiff’s summary judgment motion until I have ruled upon defendant’s motion to dismiss.
    Very truly yours,
    /s/
    J. Frederick Motz
    United States District Judge

So this is the result of the telephone conference. MD does not need to respond to the MSJ until Judge Motz decides on the MTD.

Something is in the works here... :innocent0

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom