• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    STATEMENT OF FACTS​
    A. Maryland Handgun Wear-and-Carry Permits​
    Under Maryland law, individuals qualified to own a firearm are allowed, without a permit, to possess, wear, carry, and transport a handgun within their home, business, or any property they own. CL § 4-203(b)(6). Individuals are also allowed, without a permit, to wear, carry, or transport a handgun in public in connection with, among other activities:

• hunting, trapping, a target shoot, formal or informal target practice, a sport shooting event, certain firearms and hunter safety classes, or an organized military activity, CL § 4-203(b)(4);

the moving of a gun collection for exhibition by a bona fide gun collector, CL § 4-203(b)(5);

Cut and pasted from page 4.

I find if interesting that Gansler first says that long gun open carry is legal in Maryland, now he says that a handgun permit is not required to carry in Maryland as long as you are a bona fide gun collector and moving your collection to an exhibition.

I can see both of those senerios if played out in accordance with the law, ending with an arrest or worse.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thankfully I'm a bona fide Maryland Designated Collector. So I'm apparently permitted to CCW so long as I have a backpack full of weapons which I intend to exhibit.

Who knew it was so simple?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    (Letting bove two posts pass for the moment)

Given the relative difference in quality of the brief in the CA4 , and the sixth grade-ish effort on the District Court Stay , is that a sign that Md is winning at CA4 , and is willing to loose at the Stay , and issue the pending permits with the hope of revoking them later ?

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    I honestly didn't see much difference. Same arguments, but more polish on the CA4 ones. Obviously, that's cause they had more time to refine. It's kind of like the difference between a draft and the final.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Thankfully I'm a bona fide Maryland Designated Collector. So I'm apparently permitted to CCW so long as I have a backpack full of weapons which I intend to exhibit.

Who knew it was so simple?

So we only need a permit to carry 1 handgun. If we carry several we're GTG :lol2:

Last edited:

charlesmd

Mar 8, 2012
    Just after the Woollard ruling. Still waiting for the FL license I applied for in April. They sent me a letter 3 weeks ago, demanding $42 for print processing. Never heard of that charge, but I sent them a check. Must be because my prints were ink (practically mandatory for out of state applicants). Their website didn't mention that charge.

What was the original amount you sent them? I found this on the application. I sent in my FL app beginning of May, nothing back yet.....

FEES: The total fee for the Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License is $117.00.
    This total actually consists of two
    separate fees:
    License Fee: $75.00
    Fingerprint Processing Fee: $42.00

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Cut and pasted from page 4.

I find if interesting that Gansler first says that long gun open carry is legal in Maryland, now he says that a handgun permit is not required to carry in Maryland as long as you are a bona fide gun collector and moving your collection to an exhibition.

I can see both of those senerios if played out in accordance with the law, ending with an arrest or worse.

Reading this would also lead you to believe that you can wear a handgun to/from the range? (IANAL, this is not advice)

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    What was the original amount you sent them? I found this on the application. I sent in my FL app beginning of May, nothing back yet.....

FEES: The total fee for the Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License is $117.00.
    This total actually consists of two
    separate fees:
    License Fee: $75.00
    Fingerprint Processing Fee: $42.00

All I can say is that it was an oversight on my part. No excuses.

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    OK It's been four weeks as of today. How long can it take a judge to rule on a stay?

If the 4th Circuit is going to rule on a stay request based on its how merits and not take into account what the District Court does or does not do, why is it taking so long?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    OK It's been four weeks as of today. How long can it take a judge to rule on a stay?

If the 4th Circuit is going to rule on a stay request based on its how merits and not take into account what the District Court does or does not do, why is it taking so long?

They haven't even asked the 4th for a stay.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom