I think I feel my IQ sinking

Somebody get me my sign ...

heresyoursign%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks . . .

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Same deal as the california case right? You have to have one "shall issue" but the other can be restricted. If I read that right, they would have to give us one or the other and to be honest, CC is the better option for the state and for us.

I sent this to my friend who is an Ex-Ranger and a Lawyer and here is a little of what he had to say:

"By far the most the most troubling part of this decision is on page 21 when J. Legg goes through the issues he specifically declines to reach with his decision. He states that although the current law does not distinguish between open and concealed carry, he specifically says he make no decision as to whether a similar requirement for “concealed” carry would be unconstitutional. The State will see this as a guidepost in J. Legg’s decision, frankly it is intended to be, and will amend the law such that a “substantial need” will be required for concealed carry while some limited form of open carry will not include the requirement. "

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    AG's office announced they will appeal and seek a stay. http://www.wtop.com/?nid=46&sid=2773265

What's the timeline for a ruling on the staying motion?

That's what pisses me off about this state. They still think that their ****ing laws/rules override a FEDERAL document. They act like this is a 10A issue. The COTUS clearly covers this subject but it's like talking to someone who only speaks Greek when you try to explain it. It's disturbing and stomach churning when the "powers that be" in this state are challenging a federal court decision that has decided to uphold the rights of its citizens. :sad20: :mad54:

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    My application is filled out, check written, pics taken. I'm getting it notarized, getting fingerprinted @ the MSP Pikesville barracks at lunchtime, and submitting it tomorrow. My answer to 9A for "Reason..." is "N/A, see Continuation", on which I say it's not required per Woollard v. Sheridan, and am attaching the full printout of the ruling.

Congratulations to MSI, SAF and everyone who fought to make this happen. Now it's not time for caution, it's time to celebrate the defeat of another unconstitutionality we've been capriciously subjected to.

That's what pisses me off about this state. They still think that their ****ing laws/rules override a FEDERAL document. They act like this is a 10A issue. The COTUS clearly covers this subject but it's like talking to someone who only speaks Greek when you try to explain it. It's disturbing and stomach churning when the "powers that be" in this state are challenging a federal court decision that has decided to uphold the rights of its citizens. :sad20: :mad54:

It's been incorporated so they can stick it. Actually they can stick it on principle, but there's legal precedent for them to do so. :D

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Same deal as the california case right? You have to have one "shall issue" but the other can be restricted. If I read that right, they would have to give us one or the other and to be honest, CC is the better option for the state and for us.

My thought has always been that if the State gives us Open Carry without G&S, but Concealed requiring G&S....we call their bluff.

I will get myself the 8" S&W .500 I've never wanted (in shiny chrome), put on my thongs, a smile and my S&W and head off to Chuckie Cheese's. It won't be pretty.

MD will never prefer OC over CC. It works in other places, not here....and I'm thankful for that as I really don't want that S&W and, well, you get it...

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    My thought has always been that if the State gives us Open Carry without G&S, but Concealed requiring G&S....we call their bluff.

I will get myself the 8" S&W .500 I've never wanted (in shiny chrome), put on my thongs, a smile and my S&W and head off to Chuckie Cheese's. It won't be pretty.

MD will never prefer OC over CC. It works in other places, not here....and I'm thankful for that as I really don't want that S&W and, well, you get it...

:lol:

I have little doubt that if I were to pull such a stunt, I could easily make back the money spent on the ridiculous hog leg by having others pay me to clothe myself in a manner less conducive to spontaneous regurgitation. :D

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I will get myself the 8" S&W .500 I've never wanted (in shiny chrome), put on my thongs, a smile and my S&W and head off to Chuckie Cheese's. It won't be pretty

Dude...that was funny. My wife and I will join you...I'll be carrying the .40 Subcompact XD with a sign on my back ("I love you Clandestine")

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

:lol:

I have little doubt that if I were to pull such a stunt, I could easily make back the money spent on the ridiculous hog leg by having others pay me to clothe myself in a manner less conducive to spontaneous regurgitation. :D

:innocent0

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    My application is filled out, check written, pics taken. I'm getting it notarized, getting fingerprinted @ the MSP Pikesville barracks at lunchtime, and submitting it tomorrow. My answer to 9A for "Reason..." is "N/A, see Continuation", on which I say it's not required per Woollard v. Sheridan, and am attaching the full printout of the ruling.

Congratulations to MSI, SAF and everyone who fought to make this happen. Now it's not time for caution, it's time to celebrate the defeat of another unconstitutionality we've been capriciously subjected to.

I'm giddy with hopeful excitement.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    So what are the odds of getting a permit if I apply? I understand people saying to send in the app and all. I don't have the money to waste if there isn't a real chance of getting one. I do really want a permit though.

I strongly suggest that if you don't have the resources or if you are hesitant to submit, wait for those that are in a better position to go forward and lay the path. From a legal perspective I really can't say whether submitting before or after the first wave has any advantages. I, like many others here, feel that in the interim, there will be an administrative shuffle that will slow the process to a halt until they can reorganize and try another tactic. Rest assured, the state folks have a plan that was ready to be sprung into action. Appeals, administrative red tape, change in forms, change in procedures etc... They will not go out without throwing their teddies in the corner and having a tantrum. I for one will enjoy sitting back and watching as the train wreck occurs right here in front of us in the short-term. Go ahead and get your Utah, VA, PA etc and hope that the reciprocity bill passes. Then you can really snub them by not allowing them to get the revenue but being able to carry anyway. Double F U in my book!

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County

I'm giddy with hopeful excitement.

Oh REEEALLLY??? :lol::lol2:

*I'm aware that this is not what faze was responding to, but it had to be done.

I strongly suggest that if you don't have the resources or if you are hesitant to submit, wait for those that are in a better position to go forward and lay the path. From a legal perspective I really can't say whether submitting before or after the first wave has any advantages. I, like many others here, feel that in the interim, there will be an administrative shuffle that will slow the process to a halt until they can reorganize and try another tactic. Rest assured, the state folks have a plan that was ready to be sprung into action. Appeals, administrative red tape, change in forms, change in procedures etc... They will not go out without throwing their teddies in the corner and having a tantrum. I for one will enjoy sitting back and watching as the train wreck occurs right here in front of us in the short-term. Go ahead and get your Utah, VA, PA etc and hope that the reciprocity bill passes. Then you can really snub them by not allowing them to get the revenue but being able to carry anyway. Double F U in my book!

Good post.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Guess Gansler has either decided to fight this or was directed to fight this by MOM. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, both in the courts and in the political sphere as both of them seek higher offices...

""We disagree with this ruling," Assistant Attorney General Matthew Fader said in a statement. "In light of the very important implications of the ruling for public safety, the defendants will be appealing to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. The defendants will also be seeking a stay of the ruling pending appeal."

Now that what they want to do has been ruled unconstitutional, the fight has changed boys. These are the men trying to strip you of your newly refound right. These are the people that need to hear from us. These are the people that need open holster rallies in their home towns and front yards. Gansler and Faders names need to be cursed in public. They need to feel like the tyrants they are, instead of the intelligista the think they are.

Whine. squeal. bitch. curse. spit. Thats the language they speak.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Woo hoo!!! Thank you SAF and MSI. I'm celebrating. Hey Omalley, eat it! I went out and bought that PF9 then was dissappointed when the Supreme Court denied cert to Williams, now I'm gonna get that Crossbreed Minituck for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom