• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    AG's office announced they will appeal and seek a stay. http://www.wtop.com/?nid=46&sid=2773265

What's the timeline for a ruling on the staying motion?

Guess Gansler has either decided to fight this or was directed to fight this by MOM. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, both in the courts and in the political sphere as both of them seek higher offices...

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    What's the chances of the appeal being granted and the stay being denied?
    Previously in this thread there was talk about it not getting the stay because it was unconstitutional.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Also, anyone dropped off an application today? Anyone gotten a sense of what's going on now at MSP?

I called the Rockville barrack about getting finger prints and the trooper answering the phone was not in a good mood and dropped me into the automated attendant. I am going by the barracks tomorrow as it is around the corner from my house to see if I can get my prints done tomorrow.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I called the Rockville barrack about getting finger prints and the trooper answering the phone was not in a good mood and dropped me into the automated attendant. I am going by the barracks tomorrow as it is around the corner from my house to see if I can get my prints done tomorrow.

Rockville only does fingerprint cards on Wednesdays - http://icac.mdsp.org/services/fingerprinting.asp

NakedSnowman

Jul 14, 2009

:lol:

Good to see they are swamped.

ih8hippies

hippy apocalypse?
    Apr 24, 2011
    Odenton
    Awesome :D

I think I'm gonna give another donation to MSI this weekend.

My week will be perfect if I find out Frosh or O'Malley went to get tums to settle their heartburn over this...only to find out there's no relief :D

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    AG's office announced they will appeal and seek a stay. http://www.wtop.com/?nid=46&sid=2773265

What's the timeline for a ruling on the staying motion?

I am assuming they will ask Judge Legg for a stay which I get the impression he is unlikely to grant based on his ruling. He found no interest being protected in MD G&S clause which is why he struck it down. I am not sure what grounds they will argue a stay is required.

Then they will have to request a stay from the 4th Circuit. Legg really stuck his neck out and gave us a fantastic ruling and opinion. :clap:

Choke on it MOM and Gansler, you both suck. :spank:

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    I love this bit:

"We disagree with this ruling," Assistant Attorney General Matthew Fader said in a statement. "In light of the very important implications of the ruling for public safety, the defendants will be appealing to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. The defendants will also be seeking a stay of the ruling pending appeal."

"public safety"

Right.

:rolleyes:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=46&sid=2773265

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Prince Frederick MSP fingerprinting/background check: Thurs 0830-1030. Check or MO for $5.00 and 2 fingerprinting cards. Obviously ID is required.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom