• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krucam

Ultimate Member
    Defendants thought the Court ought to hear about a case just ruled upon in NY State...

09/12/2011 33 MOTION to Cite Supplemental Authority re 24[RECAP] MOTION to Dismiss, 26[RECAP] Response to Motion for Preliminary Injunction by Defendants Hiram Grau, Lisa Madigan. Responses due by 9/29/2011 (Attachments: # 1 Kachalsky Opinion)(Corrigan, Terence) (Entered: 09/12/2011)

krucam

Ultimate Member
    I've got a secret....

11/02/2011 35 TEXT ORDER: The Court has received a letter in reference to this case that it has forwarded by United States Postal Service mail to the Parties. Entered by Judge Sue E. Myerscough on 11/2/2011. (VM, ilcd) (Entered: 11/02/2011)

11/02/2011 36 +++ SEALED DOCUMENT - ORIGINAL DOCUMENT UNREDACTED Letter. (VM, ilcd) (Entered: 11/02/2011)

Red highlighting is "as-shown" on PACER, not my doing..."36" has a hyperlink, but it leads to page that reads:
    "This document is not available."

Something may be shaking in this long overdue PI ruling.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Hmm... you think the circuit court judge has been following the shenanigans & decided to step in of her own accord or perhaps SAF counsel sent a discrete letter to the circuit court asking them to look into the matter? Or perhaps a wild card that this letter is from / about something else entirely?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Hmm... you think the circuit court judge has been following the shenanigans & decided to step in of her own accord or perhaps SAF counsel sent a discrete letter to the circuit court asking them to look into the matter? Or perhaps a wild card that this letter is from / about something else entirely?

Possible it's some technical matter that just so happens to have a bad link right now? Maybe it's tied in some way with the Ezell debacle that just happened?
    No idea, IANAL.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Letter from SCOTUS: Don't bother. We're taking this up soon.

Or Publisher's Clearing House has really good news for one lucky household...

krucam

Ultimate Member
    David Jensen purchased the Transcripts for the PI hearing of last August. We still await the results of this hearing...

12/01/2011 37[RECAP] NOTICE OF FILING OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of Motion for Preliminary Injunction Proceedings held on August 4, 2011, before Judge Sue E. Myerscough. Transcript purchased by: David Jensen.

IMPORTANT: The parties have seven (7) business days to file with the Court a Notice of Intent to Request Redaction of this transcript. Within 21 days of the filing of the transcript, a Motion of Requested Redactions shall be e-filed with the Court. Access to this motion will be restricted to the Court and the attorneys of record in the case. If no such Notice and Motion are filed, the transcript may be made remotely, electronically available to the public, without redaction, 90 days from the date initially filed. Any party needing a copy of the transcript to review for redaction purposes may view the transcript at the Clerk's Office public terminal or contact the Court Reporter for purchase. Counsel are strongly urged to share this notice with all clients so that an informed decision about the inclusion of certain materials may be made. The responsibility for redacting these personal identifiers rests solely with counsel and the parties. The Clerk and Court Reporter will not review each transcript for compliance with this rule.
    (ME, ilcd) (Entered: 12/01/2011)

http://ia700603.us.archive.org/14/items/gov.uscourts.ilcd.52015/gov.uscourts.ilcd.52015.37.0.pdf

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It seems to be that there would be a sealed document in a 2A civil case.

Wonder what that was.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    OK, I'm a little confused. So, apparently there was something sensitive brought up during the hearing and now Jensen can have it redacted? Or something else???

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    The hearing was on August 4th.
    Transcripts are usually available 90 days after the hearing. The redaction notice is something that you would normally see, once the announcement was made that it would be available to the public.

In many of the other federal districts, you would normally see an entry of the hearing and the transcript availability. Here, it (the notice of the hearing) shows up on PACER, but is not showing on the Internet Archive.

Also left out of the public docket is a notice of grant of motion (#27) for the Brady's to file their amicus brief and an order to the plaintiffs that they had until Aug. 3rd to respond (#29), due to the hearing on the 4th.​
    On Nov. 2nd, the court received some kind of communication, forwarded copies to the parties, entered it into the record and then sealed the record. We don't have a clue as to what this was and we may never find out.

Plaintiffs attorney, David Jensen, purchased the transcript (at some point after it became available) and filed it on Dec. 1st, making it a public document.

The filing of the transcript and the (presumably) ex parte letter are probably unrelated.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I hope no one was ignorant and sent a threatening letter on our side.

Or it contains something bad about I'LL.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Daley et al. wrote a threat, perhaps, against them ruling for us? The Chicago machine isn't above anything and is known to threaten and extort regularly.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    The new strategy for the antis-try to get the courts to ignore the 19th century cases like Nunn and instead go back to the English BoR, and rely heavily on the Statute of Northampton(1328) http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/amendIIs1.html

Highly unlikely SCOTUS will ignore those 19th century cases(especially after citing in Heller), and overwhelming public opinion on the matter.

Thanks for that. The Defendants in this case's Hearing said something along the lines of:
    - Heller said original intent
    - The right pre-existed the 2A
    - Brits (Blackstone) say the right to Carry doesn't exist (circa 1300's).

Thats taking original intent just a tad too far in my opinion.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Considering the Revolutionary War started over the Brits marching to seize cannon and muskets, I think these guys are missing a bit from their strategy...

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Thanks for that. The Defendants in this case's Hearing said something along the lines of:
    - Heller said original intent
    - The right pre-existed the 2A
    - Brits (Blackstone) say the right to Carry doesn't exist (circa 1300's).

Thats taking original intent just a tad too far in my opinion.

Our side is aiming for the time of the 14th's ratification. Even if they wanted to go back to 1789, they'd be hard pressed to find any significant carry bans in the country. The concealed carry bans didn't start popping up until maybe the 1820's or so. So we win again, or should anyways.

05FLHT

Jan 14, 2011
    2/3/12 Denial of PI & Appeal filed

What can I say...the fight goes on.

Attachments

• Moore v. Madigan denial of PI.pdf
      118.2 KB · Views: 102
    • Moore vs Madigan Notice of Appeal.pdf
      41.4 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics