SAF files for cert in Drake (NJ may-issue)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Gura mentioned Pantano three times in his opening petition, I was wrong about the AG mentioning it.

I'll have to read that again. I don't recall if he mentioned it was at the NJSC or not. I'm sure he wouldn't have pointed to it as a possible case for SCOTUS to take though.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Almeida had his hearing today and was denied.

The judge basically said that he could find another job (give up his property management business) or hire a security firm.

His opinion was that a gun in the hand of a good guy will only escalate the situation and make you more of a target. He then denied the permit.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo

The judge basically said that he could find another job (give up his property management business) or hire a security firm.

His opinion was that a gun in the hand of a good guy will only escalate the situation and make you more of a target. He then denied the permit.

Wow. I can't even fathom how that's okay.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Wow. I can't even fathom how that's okay.

This mind-set is typical of the liberals, government knows best! :sad20:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Under those standards, no one should ever get a permit again in NJ (aside from the retired LEO and armored car exceptions). If you work security, get another job. If a gangbanger targets you, move to another state.
    Has Almeida petitioned the NJ SC for review yet?

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Under those standards, no one should ever get a permit again in NJ (aside from the retired LEO and armored car exceptions). If you work security, get another job. If a gangbanger targets you, move to another state.
    Has Almeida petitioned the NJ SC for review yet?

Not yet. He literally walked out of court a couple hours ago.

This is not uncommon actually. They tell everyone to hire armed security. Armed security, by the way, are one of the few people who get carry permits. But most of them are ex LEO. They even waive the SORA training requirements for LEO. The whole system is setup to ensure that the police has a monopoly on guns, per Jim Florio's promise.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    I would start a security firm. Be the CEO, be the only employee who is a certified and licensed security guard, and my only client is my property management company. Suck it!

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Superior court, just a single judge.

Next stop would be the appeals court. He may or may not appeal. It just seems like an uphill battle from here.

It is for sure, although we can't leave any stone unturned right now. But it costs money to appeal unfortunately. Plus, Pantano is already ahead of this case.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I would start a security firm. Be the CEO, be the only employee who is a certified and licensed security guard, and my only client is my property management company. Suck it!

Wonderful plan, except that NJ sealed off that exit as well.

In order to operate a security company, one needs a private investigator license. To obtain such a license, one has to have a minimum of 5 years experience in an organized police department OR 5 years of documented investigative experience, which usually means working with a private detective agency.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Wonderful plan, except that NJ sealed off that exit as well.

In order to operate a security company, one needs a private investigator license. To obtain such a license, one has to have a minimum of 5 years experience in an organized police department OR 5 years of documented investigative experience, which usually means working with a private detective agency.

How do they handle bounty hunters? ;)

Personally I think we should just give every violent offender in the nation a free bus ticket to NJ NY CA and MD.

Its not like they aren't coming eventually..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom