• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I love those old .32s. Have fun with yours.

Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    It is not an M&P, it is a .32 Hand Ejector, Model of 1903, and if it was made in 1908 it is the second change (the use of the rebound slide). The caliber is .32 S&W Long and the frame is the "I" frame, later enlongated and strengthened to the current "J" frame. The .32 HE's are nice little guns.

Jim

Jim Keenan

Aug 16, 2008
    Not that impressive by today's standards. The book says a 98 grain bullet at 705 fps, 115 ft pds of energy, both at muzzle. Still, the .32 S&W Long was a common police caliber until police found a need to shoot through cars. Properly placed, shots from a .32 will be just as deadly as those from an S&W .500.

Jim

4Prosales

" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "
    Nov 3, 2009
    I was always told never clean an antique it would diminish the value substantially ... very nice piece do you have any before pics ?? (thank god for spell check)

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I was always told never clean an antique it would diminish the value substantially ... very nice piece do you have any before pics ?? (thank god for spell check)

The general rule with guns is that you can clean them, but you cannot refinish them.

For the revolver, there as accumulated crud on the pawl/ratchet and the surrounding area. The outside of the gun was and is in incredible condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom