• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    In my hunt for a PPS, I found one today but I just couldn't pull the trigger due to the price and the salesman being a ass. After going to a few other dealer it seems nobody can find any Walthers because S&W is not importing them anymore at the end of this year, and the supply right now is real limited. What's going to happen to Walther??? S&W likes to steal designs, SW99, the new shield has some PPS looks... So who is going to import Walther??? Is it the end of Walther in the U.S.??? Looks like I'll hold out and look at a shield since who knows what will happen with Walters warranties? Your thoughts or knowledge on the subject....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    The Walther PP series were made in America under license by S&W.

True certain Walthers are made here by S&W but that relationship may end, i guess by putting importing in the title some smart guys are going to correct me about the fact some are assembled and made here.... Still missing all of my points but thanks for the 2 cents

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Makes way more sense for Walther, why pay another company anything when you can do it yourself. Especially with the huge success of the PPQ, I think it was inevitable.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Makes way more sense for Walther, why pay another company anything when you can do it yourself. Especially with the huge success of the PPQ, I think it was inevitable.

I agree100%, I just had no clue they're ere finally setting up their own shop. I do think the P99 set their new standard and now they are expanding it... I got a P99 QA so I have to mention my baby

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    I always wanted a P99, had a gun magazine from years ago when it was on the cover and fell in love with it. Went to the store, had it picked out but it just never worked out at the time financially and I kept putting it off. Years later when I finally decided to get one, the PPQ was out and was all the rage. I still prefer the look of the p99 but went with the newer PPQ which was basically a newer version of the p99. Very accurate and by far the best trigger I have ever felt on a stock handgun under $1,000. No complaints at all from that gun, it's definitely as good as everybody said it was!

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Walther can probably build it cheaper (labor) in the US, than germany. It makes sense, open a plant in the US where all the consumers are, put Americans to work (non-union in the south probably) and sell lots of guns with a larger profit margin. Win/Win as long as the quality holds up. Remember SIG?, now everyone wants a German made Sig.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    I always wanted a P99, had a gun magazine from years ago when it was on the cover and fell in love with it. Went to the store, had it picked out but it just never worked out at the time financially and I kept putting it off. Years later when I finally decided to get one, the PPQ was out and was all the rage. I still prefer the look of the p99 but went with the newer PPQ which was basically a newer version of the p99. Very accurate and by far the best trigger I have ever felt on a stock handgun under $1,000. No complaints at all from that gun, it's definitely as good as everybody said it was!

My P99 QA in .40 is my go to weapon it has been dead on since round 1... I have not had the pleasure of touching the PPQ yet, but I feel like its a baby P99

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Walther can probably build it cheaper (labor) in the US, than germany. It makes sense, open a plant in the US where all the consumers are, put Americans to work (non-union in the south probably) and sell lots of guns with a larger profit margin. Win/Win as long as the quality holds up. Remember SIG?, now everyone wants a German made Sig.

It's a great product so I hope American manufacturing can make it better, that would be great!!!!!

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    They are creating walther usa or something... I read about it yesterday.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

dear god, i hope they don't pull a sig.

When I pro-dealed my sp22m3, it took a while to come in because they said they close down for most of august. It could explain the shortage. Not sure if they're still doing that every year.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Not really sure where your coming from about a PPQ being a baby P99. PPQs are in 9 and .40, and they are the same size. I think the PPQ has actually listed as an ounce or two heavier.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Yeah, the PPQ is actually a P99, it was made for years but called the P99 RAD

"The Walther PPQ is not a true new design. It shares its engineering principles and main features with the Walther P99QA variant of the P99 pistol that was introduced in 1996.[5] Many modifications compared to the Walther P99QA like the re-designed grip, trigger guard and slide with forward (big) serrations made their combined appearance in 2008 in the Walther P99 RAD, a P99 variant made in Poland and marketed as a military sidearm proposition.[6]
    Due to product evolution the PPQ maintains compatibility with both P99 sights and P99 second-generation magazines and other accessories.[7][8]
    The main innovation of the PPQ over the P99QA and P99 RAD is its 'Quick Defense' trigger"

Here is a good comparison, but size wise it's pretty much identical just shaped slightly differently at various points. http://gforcefitness.us/walthercomp.htm

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    It makes me happy. Now hopefully Walther won't be taking a back seat to the M&P line.
    Hell maybe they can even score an LE contract somewhere at some point so the guns can finally get the notice they deserve.
    Most under appreciated handgun brand out there.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Not really sure where your coming from about a PPQ being a baby P99. PPQs are in 9 and .40, and they are the same size. I think the PPQ has actually listed as an ounce or two heavier.

What I mean is that the P99 is the daddy and the PPQ is the cloned son. The PPQ isn't it's own design by any means. It's like the P99 and the HK P30 had a baby and it took each of their best qualities.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    It makes me happy. Now hopefully Walther won't be taking a back seat to the M&P line.
    Hell maybe they can even score an LE contract somewhere at some point so the guns can finally get the notice they deserve.
    Most under appreciated handgun brand out there.

Yes sir, that would be fantastic I just hope the prices don't go HK on us..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom