• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&WGirl06

Sep 11, 2013
    Harford County
    S&W M&P9 M2.0

I know that the Smith Wesson M&P9 2.0 5inch barrel is not on the Maryland State Police roster. I was just wondering how long it takes to be approved to be added to the roster.

My local gun shop I go to has it in their case and I got to hold it and it feels really nice! I am very interested in purchasing and I just wanted to get an idea of when it would be approved so I can go get it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    The board meets again on the Feb 16th. Once approved the updated list comes out a few weeks later. I've noticed some FFLs will transfer an item once an item is approved.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It won't be long. Because the roster board's ONLY purpose is to stop Saturday Night Specials from coming into Maryland. Or so we were told when they passed the law. Now they're test firing quality and respected makers' guns for reliability and failing them if they don't perform well enough with the one type and brand of ammo they use. Just like the "mandatory" MSP classes for regulated dealers it is illegal and goes totally beyond what the law permits them to require. Or telling people they cannot transfer in a non-roster gun from a family member when the law clearly states it applies to sales only. Another invented rule with no basis in law. But they get away with it because we don't have a jillion dollars to sue over everything, and our governor refuses to take responsibility for and control his own administrative branch.

Sorry, need more coffee. :)

S&WGirl06

Sep 11, 2013
    Harford County
    It won't be long. Because the roster board's ONLY purpose is to stop Saturday Night Specials from coming into Maryland. Or so we were told when they passed the law. Now they're test firing quality and respected makers' guns for reliability and failing them if they don't perform well enough with the one type and brand of ammo they use. Just like the "mandatory" MSP classes for regulated dealers it is illegal and goes totally beyond what the law permits them to require. Or telling people they cannot transfer in a non-roster gun from a family member when the law clearly states it applies to sales only. Another invented rule with no basis in law. But they get away with it because we don't have a jillion dollars to sue over everything, and our governor refuses to take responsibility for and control his own administrative branch.

Sorry, need more coffee. :)

No worries. I appreciate your response. Yes, that all does sound ridiculous. I hope the governor does something, but we will have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom