• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    My first AR is a sport. Fit and finish are what you would expect from smith and Wesson, excellent. Integrated trigger guard, 7075 receivers, 1/8 twist melonite barrel. Mine came as model 811037 which is MD compliant, no flash hider, pinned stock on a rifle length buffer. I did end up installing a collapsible MOE stock and put a BCM upper on it. I intend to build another lower so I will put the sport back together and probably make a nice scoped rifle out of it. For the money I don't think you can do better unless you build one yourself.

shootmore

Dec 31, 2012
    i have one and it is well made and reliable. mine has most features except dust cover and forward assist. a couple years back i paid 650 which is a bargin by todays standards.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I got one in .223 for my girlfriend this past Christmas. Nice rifle, but as mentioned, it's a basic one without forward assist or dust cover. No big deal, quality rifle at a good price point (paid $740).

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Another happy owner here. Does pretty much anything any other 16" AR will do and do it on a budget. All components are mil-spec as well making further upgrades painless. The trigger is every bit as good, actually a little crisper, than any M-16 I used in the Army. In these lean times, it's a great basic platform that can expand to your needs. Want a 300 blackout? No need to worry about SB281, just buy a new full upper and you're set.

Jeb Uberstead

Apr 19, 2013
    Carroll Co
    Great comments. With no forward assist, I don't think we will be battling in any deserts anytime soon. Well at least not me. Smith has always been great. I love the price. You can't beat it.

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Another happy owner here. Does pretty much anything any other 16" AR will do and do it on a budget. All components are mil-spec as well making further upgrades painless. The trigger is every bit as good, actually a little crisper, than any M-16 I used in the Army. In these lean times, it's a great basic platform that can expand to your needs. Want a 300 blackout? No need to worry about SB281, just buy a new full upper and you're set.

+1 on just getting another upper. You can have multiple rifle configurations and keep just one lower since its the only part that is serialized and regulated. Just then swap uppers whenever you want.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd rather have the Forward Assist and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Jeb Uberstead

Apr 19, 2013
    Carroll Co
    I turned my buddy on to them. He was looking for a 100 round beta for his AR and could only find them for over 200 on GB. He got one from Buds at like 170

Big Moose

Apr 9, 2013
    Severn, MD
    Just bought two myself from seller GunBuyer_com (Florida Gun Exchange) on gunbroker. $799 shipped. Arrived in about a week. Be aware that they changed the barrel to 1/9 twist and no longer have the 1/8 5R barrels.

Last edited:

Jeb Uberstead

Apr 19, 2013
    Carroll Co
    Just bought two myself from seller GunBuyer_com (Florida Gun Exchange) on gunbroker. $799 shipped. Arrived in about a week. Be aware that they changed the barrel to 1/9 twist and no longer have the 1/8 5R barrels.
    Does the Florida Gun Exchange sell anything online, or only on gunbroker?

Big Moose

Apr 9, 2013
    Severn, MD
    Does the Florida Gun Exchange sell anything online, or only on gunbroker?

They have an online website but it didn't seem finished. Many of the links didn't work. Their online site is gunbuyer.com and their gunbroker name is gunbuyer_com. I happened to stumble across them while looking for an M&P Sport due to the fact that they were one of the few sellers with fixed prices rather than having to bid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom