• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    For the Manhattan drinkers, what is better? I am not one but am bringing ingredients for a party and I find that both can be correct.

Rye or Canadian Whisky?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Rye for a Manhattan or Sazerac

Blended Canadian Is sweeter than Rye. Smoother on the rocks or mixed in a Highball or Whiskey Sour.

Dad used to enjoy some Mr Boston Rock & Rye. Rye with a stick of rock candy and spices dissolved in the bottle to sweeten it up.

Just bought some Canadian Club for the holidays. Plan to use that in my egg nog this year

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    I like manhattans - a lot. I prefer rye to offset the vermouth. Ive used Jim Beam rye when I didnt want to go fancy and works great. My dad though is a canadian club man. When Im out what I usually find is Makers Mark

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I've gotten to love Manhattan's over the last year or so. I use Bulleit in about a 5:1 ratio to the sweet vermouth.

Enjoy!

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Any good rye or bourbon will make a fine manhattan. I prefer Knob Creek bourbon.

The key to a great manhattan is to use a good sweet vermouth. The best I've found is Antica Formula. It can be hard to find, but it's worth the effort.

Mix 3 parts Knob Creek to 1 part Antica. Add 3-5 drops of aromatic bitters. Shake with or without ice. Strain the ice. Garnish with cherry, or not. Enjoy!

I'm having one as I type this. Nothing better than a great manhattan and a great cigar, they are made to go together!

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    For the Manhattan drinkers, what is better? I am not one but am bringing ingredients for a party and I find that both can be correct.

Rye or Canadian Whisky?

Why not both?

Attachments

• 20161113_082659.jpg
      20161113_082659.jpg
      87.6 KB · Views: 170

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831