RWS 350 Magnum .22 Feelin’ Like A Total Bummer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    A few years ago, I bought this puppy.
    Bought it with RWS scope, mount and RWS cleaning supplies. I paid almost $500. I bought it through Cabelas. It came, I was crazy busy so it’s been unopened in a closet. I broke it out tonight.
    Stock is cheep birch that you would find on a base model cheep .22.
    Found main stock screw at trigger guard not even tightened.
    Mount their scope with their mount. I have to raise cheek so high off cheek swell that it barely touches it.
    Way Way bummed out.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    BFDAC262-5B5B-4031-B176-7F745D9F0137.jpeg

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Sorry you're not happy with your purchase.

Other than removing irons and installing lower mounts, you could try something like this:

I've used this on my Ruger American Ranch to get proper cheek weld. No issues.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Thanks for link. Kind of confusion, color option change when changing models. I wonder how it will contour around left side of stock and over existing cheek piece. Wonder if it will leave some weird hollow gap between bottom of cheek piece and bottom of stock.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Thanks for link. Kind of confusion, color option change when changing models. I wonder how it will contour around left side of stock and over existing cheek piece. Wonder if it will leave some weird hollow gap between bottom of cheek piece and bottom of stock.
    What about trying lower scope mount?

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Hi fellas,
    So from research before I bought it all, I learned that the RWS 350 magnum is one brutal pellet gun and it recoils in both directions. This will make a scope move and even damage the reticles if not made for it. The mount must be beefy and super strong. I then elect to get the RWS scope and mount. They are both made for that rifle. Mount has location studs that go into receiver to keep it from shifting.

BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    Hi fellas,
    So from research before I bought it all, I learned that the RWS 350 magnum is one brutal pellet gun and it recoils in both directions. This will make a scope move and even damage the reticles if not made for it. The mount must be beefy and super strong. I then elect to get the RWS scope and mount. They are both made for that rifle. Mount has location studs that go into receiver to keep it from shifting.

While the RWS mount does a great job at preventing scope movement, as you found out, it is at the expense of scope height. Either the comb pad, or they do make lower rings that also have scope stop pins built in also.
    I hate how manufacturers use the magnum label to draw people into purchases. There are many other springers out there, shooting at lower velocities, that would have suited you better. 12ftlbs will kill most all small game and not kill your scope with a much more pleasant shot cycle.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Growler, I found one in walnut brown at Cabelas. Lots of fighting. I went with the 2cd thickest. It gets my face to wear it needs to be. I need to count some length off of pad. I am going to let it sit overnight to let take shape a bit. I’ll then trim pad and better position that pad.
    Thanks again for recommendation.
    Nick
    36F47AEF-7F26-4830-A4DD-150E3169E215.jpeg

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Glad it worked out for you. Sorry I forgot to mention that they can be kind of a pain to install because they fit pretty dang tight, but at least mine hasn't moved around since I installed it.
    shared_image (9).png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom