Rumor has it that Horst & Mc Cann may be....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

There have been some rumblings that Horst & McCann may...

be thinking about re-starting their Bowling Pins Shoots...

These shoots were really fun...

We shot 5 Large Bowling Pins off of a 3' wide table at 8 yards...

They were timed shoots...

Talk about re-active shooting WOW...

and with all uncertainty of bowling = tipping pins, sideways pins, etc...

The clock stops when all the pins are off of the table...

WOW, I'm looking forward to shooting them again...

I hope that the rumors are true..?

Semper Fi...

Sgt Preston USMC LLA

kronusthebonus

Jackwagon
    Jul 26, 2010
    Hampstead
    I'm reading this post and I can't help but read it as if Christopher Walken is speaking.

Too... many... ellipses...

In a related note, I love Capitalism and how it forces other business to "adapt".

sgt23preston

May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Quote "I'm reading this post and I can't help but read it as if Christopher Walken is speaking."

I really DO like Christopher Walken Doctor Kronusthebonus...

BUT...in reality...

I'm just an old geezer...

who writes my thoughts...

in "Bullet Points"...

Have A GREAT Holiday Weekend..!

CW...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just go to Freestate. They are already holding the pin shoots and they are an industry partner, not to mention decent people.

Different type of "bowling pin". Horst must be looking into using real wooden pins. FS uses rubber resealable "silhouette" type targets. There is a difference.

turbofire383

I like to burn things
    Apr 12, 2008
    Harford County
    Different type of "bowling pin". Horst must be looking into using real wooden pins. FS uses rubber resealable "silhouette" type targets. There is a difference.

Didn't know this. Are the real pins easier to knock down than the rubbers? I haven't been to one yet but I'm considering giving it a try.

Funny how they changed their ammo policy and now may be starting these bowling pin shoots all after Freestate opened up. I live closer to Horst but would make the trip to Freestate any day over them for this reason.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    In a related note, I love Capitalism and how it forces other business to "adapt".

This.

Just go to Freestate. They are already holding the pin shoots and they are an industry partner, not to mention decent people.

And this.

Funny how they changed their ammo policy and now may be starting these bowling pin shoots all after Freestate opened up. I live closer to Horst but would make the trip to Freestate any day over them for this reason.

Aaaaaand this.

I live within walking distance to Horst and went once. Didn't feel the need to return. Too late to change my mind now. Proactive is the name of the game. Retroactive responses equal (insert wet fart sound here) :D

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    TIME AND PLACE FOR THE BOWLING PIN SHOOT ???? :)

Wensdays around 6:00pm

Company Name: FreeState Gun Range

Storefront: Yes Address: 11500 Crossroads Circle, Middle River, MD 21220

Phone Number: 410-335-5100 Website: www.freestategunrange.com Email:freestategunrange@yahoo.com

Hours of Operation: 10AM to 10PM, 7 days per week

Forum Username: FreeState

FFL: Yes Class 3: No Gunsmith: Yes

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I actually wouldn't mind shooting a real wood bowling pin and see the difference between the re-sealable pins. I couldn't knock the pins at Freestate down to save my life my 9mm went right through.

Meh nevermind I hate Horst

sgt23preston

May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Rumor has it that Horst & Mc Cann may be...

Sgt Preston back again...

I've been shooting for a long time...

I was a member at Continental Arms for many years...

Continental use to have bowling pin shoots on Sundays in the early 2000's...

Continental's shoots consisted of shooting real bowling pins off of tables...

They'd shut down the whole range & shoot pins in volleys at posted times all day long...

When Horst & Mc Cann opened in 2007, I bought a membership there...

I left Continental solely because H&M was closer to my home...

I still have many friends at Continental & was there this past Wednesday evening...

John & Mike Horst & Rob Mc Cann have treated me & my friends very well...

I have shot pins & I have shot silhouettes, both are fun. IMO pins are LOTS MORE fun...

I hope that the rumors are true & that Horst & Mc Cann offers Pin Shoots again...

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everybody & remember why we have a Memorial Day...

Semper Fi...

Sgt Preston USMC LLA...

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    This.

And this.

Aaaaaand this.

I live within walking distance to Horst and went once. Didn't feel the need to return. Too late to change my mind now. Proactive is the name of the game. Retroactive responses equal (insert wet fart sound here) :D

Well said. I wouldn't step foot in that place ever again.

sparkymon

Feb 26, 2010
    No matter what they do, they will never have my business again. Hope they go under!!! They had they chance and screwed up!!!! And I know a lot of others who feel the same way. FreeState is the place to go!

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Wow....Lots of Venom for H&M...

Thanks for posting the information Sgt. Preston and thank you for your service to our Country.

I think some members here take the opportunity to shit all over someones thread when they have an agenda. I personally think it's disrespectful but that's me. Just ignore what you don't like and don't go to H&M. :rolleyes:

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    While it's very rare, wooden pins can create ricochet. I've heard of 9mm HP coming back off a pin and drawing blood. With the alternative pins available that soak up anything you shoot at them, I think it's foolish to use wooden pins anymore.

Likewise, I've seen METAL tables used at pin shoots, because they don't get shot up and bent like wooden tables do. And of course, while it's rare, those metal tables reflect rounds back to the shooter. There's a guy on another forum who recently had his lip pierced by a ricochet of his opponent, when he hit a metal table.

So H&M, Continental, anyone... if you're doing a bowling pin shoot, use wooden tables (preferably constructed with dowels and construction adhesive, no bolts or nails) and the rubber pins. You can put 1/2" rubber matting on the fronts of the tables to extend their life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom