• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    OK who has one? How do you like it?
    I have several P series Rugers and love how they feel and shoot. I was thinking of adding another 9mm to the collection but am trying to keep on a budget. I know there were some issues on the early models but have only heard good stuff since the recall. Looking for any good and bad feedback??
    Thanks,

Darkknight

Mar 22, 2008
    Parsonsburg, md
    I bought mine when they first came out, and yes then set it back for the recall. I really liked it in its first design. After the recall work i love it. The new trigger ,to me, is perfect. Overall i have only one complaint, it is not the most accurate pistol. You wont shoot one ragged hole but it will shoot a decent "defensive" group. If your going to the frostbite shoot i will have it with me and your more than welcome to try it out.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    I bought mine when they first came out, and yes then set it back for the recall. I really liked it in its first design. After the recall work i love it. The new trigger ,to me, is perfect. Overall i have only one complaint, it is not the most accurate pistol. You wont shoot one ragged hole but it will shoot a decent "defensive" group. If your going to the frostbite shoot i will have it with me and your more than welcome to try it out.

Thanks for the feedback, not sure if i will make it to the shoot, depends on the weather and the wife.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    ive been looking to get my hands on one myself, just never anytime, i hear mixed reviews about it. some say its decent, most say its junk. but i think the jury is still out on it. i know csal1-175 has one maybe he'll chime in.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Pre recall, they were nice guns. I didn't have a chance to shoot a pre recall gun, only dry fire them. I thought Ruger had a winner on thier hands. I really though they had built a gun that would hold its ground against the S&W M&P as well as the Glock.

But, the post recall guns suck. They feel like Sigma triggers. The ruined a gun that could have made them many more millions.

csal1-175

Nov 22, 2008
    Abingdon
    I have no complaints with mine the trigger was a bit gritty at first but became smooth the more the thing was used,no FTF like my first time out. over all I`m pleased with the purchase of the SR9..also looks as if a81lp and I may hit H&M next weekend and I`ll have it there to try...

bulletbill

Agent provocateur
    Dec 31, 2008
    SW FL
    I wanted to buy the SR9 I really did. I loved the ultra thin feel of it coming from 1911's. But the trigger turned me away. I just couldn't do it after dry firing in the shop. It really turned me away. Being that I shoot a 4oz rifle trigger most times the SR9 to me was god aweful. My wifes XD feels like a marshmallow, my CZ p-01 has a decent SA trigger, the Taurus Judge trigger is marginal at best. I just love 1911 triggers about 4lbs just to give you a frame of reference. The factory rates the SR9 to what between 7 and 9 lbs. Ugg.

Though if it weren't for the fact that the three smiths I spoke with said they didn't think much could be done for it I would have owned one. I love the looks and the way it feels in the hand, 'cept for the most important part.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    OK, now I really want to try one. I shoot mostly DA revolvers and a Glock 22, so I may have very different trigger standards than most folks.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    If you do a little reading on the Ruger form you`ll see that the owners of the SR9 have already found the way to lighten the trigger pull..

Met one happy SR9 owner in Va. He said that when he sent his back for the recall, he simply asked for the lightest trigger pull possible since he was going to use the pistol for IDPA. Ruger CSR replied that it was no problem and when he got the pistol back, the trigger pull was about 4-5lbs. Guess there is a way to lighten the trigger and it pays to simply ask the experts.

Love my Glocks but I would consider a SR45 if Ruger ever gets a roundtuit for the factory in Prescott

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

tjdreams

Dave
    Nov 28, 2008
    Rosedale
    I got mine pre recall and only shot it a few times before sending it in for the recall And I liked it
    When I first got it back it felt like it had a stiffer trigger pull.
    I've shot well over a 1000 rounds through it since and it has eased up some but it's still feels a bit stiffer to me.
    As for Accuracy I don't have enough experience shooting handguns to comment
    but others who have shot mine have said that they thought it could or should be better.
    Firing 10 rounds at a clip I'm able to keep most in/on a 8' target at 25 feet
    Hopefully with more practice I will be able to tighten the groups up a bit more.
    It has never failed fire or chamber a round and I have never had a problem with it.

All in All It's bin a good first hand Gun for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom