• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikey10

May 8, 2022
    Laurel, MD
    Hello Folks,
    I was wondering if anyone on the board has used the Ruger Security-380 pistol. From what I seen on videos and read from various sources, the pistol seems to rectify the issues with other .380 pistols such as larger grip handle,
    safety features, ease of racking the slide among others. It seems like it would be a very good concealed and carry gun.

Last edited:

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    It's pretty hard to go wrong with Ruger, honestly...I own 8, myself. I've never shot the Security-380, but I can almost guarantee it's a winner.

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    I just saw a video about the sec-380 and decided I want to have one. I’ve done some quick searching but can’t seem to find one in stock anywhere (admittedly I haven’t looked too hard yet).

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    It's not on the MD roster yet, so it will be a while until one can be had in MD. I handled one at the GAOS a few weeks ago. The slide was like butter.

mikey10

May 8, 2022
    Laurel, MD
    It's not on the MD roster yet, so it will be a while until one can be had in MD. I handled one at the GAOS a few weeks ago. The slide was like butter.
    I'll admit, I'm somewhat new to the gun world so was not aware of an MD roster. I just assumed that if a gun had no more than a 10-round magazine it was acceptable by Maryland law. I did see one the Bass Pro Shop website, but I haven't gone to the local store to see if I can purchase one. I was hoping that a gun range in the area would have one but none did.

Yeah, the easy slide was a feature that was supposed to be similar to the Smith & Wesson 380 Shield EZ pistol,

mikey10

May 8, 2022
    Laurel, MD
    I just saw that there must have been a meeting for Handgun Roster Board Agenda on March 8. The Ruger Security 380 was on the list of petition of handguns to be passed. I was wondering how long it normally takes for a handgun to be included on the roster after being petitioned.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Looks like a LCPii on steroids.
    I would like to see what is out there that would fit on that on that rail ?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I just saw that there must have been a meeting for Handgun Roster Board Agenda on March 8. The Ruger Security 380 was on the list of petition of handguns to be passed. I was wondering how long it normally takes for a handgun to be included on the roster after being petitioned.

Good question, I don't remember. Waiting on the FN 545 myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom