• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    I found a Ruger P90DC for sale at a good price. I'd like opinions on it from those of you that have actual with experience this model. Thanks.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I had a standard P90 years back. Good gun.
    I have a P90DC. Good gun.

They are large, hand filling and you can’t hurt them. Almost klunky. The P90/P90DC is an accurate gun and will shoot any ammo you put in it accurately relative to accuracy potential of the ammo. It is pleasant to shoot and won’t intimidate you. Outside holster wear it totes well. I would not want to carry it IWB.

FWIW, a set of the Hogue finger groove grips will do wonders for the pistol’s shootability. Almost makes it a different pustol. Also on the P85/89 series. All the same grip.

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    I had a standard P90 years back. Good gun.
    I have a P90DC. Good gun.

They are large, hand filling and you can’t hurt them. Almost klunky. The P90/P90DC is an accurate gun and will shoot any ammo you put in it accurately relative to accuracy potential of the ammo. It is pleasant to shoot and won’t intimidate you. Outside holster wear it totes well. I would not want to carry it IWB.

FWIW, a set of the Hogue finger groove grips will do wonders for the pistol’s shootability. Almost makes it a different pustol. Also on the P85/89 series. All the same grip.
    This. I have big hands and it's still a handful. Just be aware.

I'll have to check out the Hogue grips for my KP90.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Saw this one at Continental Arms. I have the 85 and it's a great pistol. I sent it to Ruger for the recall and for a failure to extract issue was having they replaced the extractor for free! Ruger may have the best customer service in the business. They may be tied with Leupold at least ....

Attachments

• FA5006B2-F1F6-4145-8855-2D1D0D99E531.jpeg
      FA5006B2-F1F6-4145-8855-2D1D0D99E531.jpeg
      350.8 KB · Views: 47

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Saw this one at Continental Arms. I have the 85 and it's a great pistol. I sent it to Ruger for the recall and for a failure to extract issue was having they replaced the extractor for free! Ruger may have the best customer service in the business. They may be tied with Leupold at least ....
    I saw it too. The right side decocker lever was missing.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    FWIW, the trigger may be really gritty. IIRC the draw bar is on the right side of the pistol. Gaining access to it can be done by removing the right sude grip panel, pivoting the draw bar up (I forget the step required for that). The side of the draw bar which slides on the frame has sharp edge from the stamping operation during manufacture. Just smooth file then stone the draw bar.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Great guns . Generally considered the most accurate of the P Series . A slip on grip sleeve will also help .

No , it's not a pocket pistol . But It's similar size & weight to a Colt Combat Commander , not a Desert Eagle .

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    the pistol I shoot most accurately. It’s a tank, and I can tell you the action and barrel can take serious (unintended) abuse!

doubles as a sledge hammer too…

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    Great guns, super reliable and surprisingly accurate. Very large though, as someone else said I highly recommend the hogue grip. Not the most refined and kinda clunky but still have a soft spot for them.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    P-Series (P95) was my first semi-auto pistol I had ever bought about 20 years ago- still wish I hadn’t sold it. I moved onto other options as time went on but couldn’t knock it for reliability or accuracy, it never once failed to chamber, fire, or eject a spent shell. They’re built like tanks.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    If you ever need to hit someone upside the head with a gun- this would be the gun to use.. I have one I will have to shoot it more often

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Definitely recommend the Hogue grips, it made my old 1993-ish P90 .45ACP feel like a brand new gun about 3 years ago. The original hard plastic and metal grips weren’t that bad, just a little slick on hot and humid days. Not a gun I would choose to teach someone to shoot with these days, but it’s always been accurate and 100% reliable.

And like others said, if I ever needed to hammer thru a cinder block wall and didn’t have a sledge with me, I know this could do the trick.
    B3B50B3E-8E5F-41B4-BCDB-15E5888A9140.jpeg

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    My brother-in-law, an iron worker, bought one when they first came out and the one he got came from Ruger in a wooden box with one of those little luggage type- “padlocks” on it … the next day he returned the gun un fired as he simply could not handle the way it rattled like a maraca …

He kept the little padlock and said he was more impressed with it than the pistol …

Anyhoo, for anyone who has any of the Ruger P-89’s, Numrich Arms has 20 rd mags for them on Closeout, right now:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom